• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    For those of you that live in Frederick area, where are the closest places in Virginia or Pennsylvania that you go to when shopping for common mags?

I'm looking for G19 mags, so big box retailers might not carry (other than a Cabela's, and I don't want to drive that far), but extra AR mags are nice to get as well. I don't mind spending a few dollars more per mag.

I'm particularly interested in places near Hwy 15 North heading into Pennsylvania or 15 South out toward Leesburg.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    I really like Redding's Hardware in downtown Gettysburg. It's amazing the places you will find in friendlier states.

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    For those of you that live in Frederick area, where are the closest places in Virginia or Pennsylvania that you go to when shopping for common mags?

I'm looking for G19 mags, so big box retailers might not carry (other than a Cabela's, and I don't want to drive that far), but extra AR mags are nice to get as well. I don't mind spending a few dollars more per mag.

I'm particularly interested in places near Hwy 15 North heading into Pennsylvania or 15 South out toward Leesburg.

Loudoun Guns on other side of Leesburg will be your 1st place in VA (stay on 15 until the other side of LSB and the exit- it's on Catoctin Cir)...you can't just order online?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Loudoun Guns on other side of Leesburg will be your 1st place in VA (stay on 15 until the other side of LSB and the exit- it's on Catoctin Cir)...you can't just order online?

Ordering mags online and having them shipped to an address in MD qualifies as a transfer of a hi-cap mag in MD, which is against the law. Transfer is defined as where one person takes possession from another entity.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I'm heading to Cabela's in May, while I'm on vacation, for the 3rd Annual Cabela's Run. If you want anything while I'm there, let me know and if they have it in stock, I'll pick it up for you.

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    Ordering mags online and having them shipped to an address in MD qualifies as a transfer of a hi-cap mag in MD, which is against the law. Transfer is defined as where one person takes possession from another entity.

Well wtf....wonder how anyone lives there...as far as I'm concerned you can ship them to me in VA and meet me in the middle just PM me

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Well wtf....wonder how anyone lives there...as far as I'm concerned you can ship them to me in VA and meet me in the middle just PM me
    Thanks for advocating for the OP to break MD law. :sad20:

You may want to edit your posts to conform with MD law. Should you do that, I will edit mine, to remove the quoted parts of yours.

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    Thanks for advocating for the OP to break MD law. :sad20:

You may want to edit your posts to conform with MD law. Should you do that, I will edit mine, to remove the quoted parts of yours.

He said to ship them to a MD address was an issue, and I don't see my offer any different than driving here to VA and direct purchasing at a gun store- but I'm not a MD atty

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    He said to ship them to a MD address was an issue, and I don't see my offer any different than driving here to VA and direct purchasing at a gun store- but I'm not a MD atty
    Post 6 you said order online. That also means shipping. Another problem you don't see as a VA resident is that nobody will let you purchase mags online if you have a MD billing address

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Gentlemen, I have out of state addresses. I'm looking for an excuse for a short road trip nearby that I can supplement with mag purchases.

DA, thanks for your offer, and if in a bind, would talk to you, and meet you out of state. But I'm good, and sometimes just want to combine activities while getting the family out of the house.

All, appreciate the tips on stores near 15 North or South when leaving Maryland.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    If you are looking for a short road trip drive over to the Bass Pro in Harrisburg. They usually have pretty good selection of mags.

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Trop Gun shop in Elizabethtown, PA is southeast of Harrisburg. They have a pretty good selection on just about everything, but it is a little bit of a hike from Frederick.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Last time I was in reddings hardware they wanted $30 for a gi 30rd mag...No thanks! Hanover shooters supply has pmags for $12 windowed for $13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom