• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    What about ordering online and pickup in store (e.g. Cabelas)?

edit:
    Sorry... this was what you were offering to do.

You can't pick them up in state. You can buy them in Delaware or Pennsylvania and bring them back home. Or go to the Nations Gun Show in Chantilly and buy all the magazines you want and bring them home. Perfectly legal.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I second tw/bullseye. Stopped in there this weekend when the lady wanted to go to the outlets. They had gen 2 pmags for 12.95 plus tax out the door.
    Since starting this thread, I took Snally's advice and have been there as well. Little over 20 minutes from where I live. Recently have gotten PMAGs and South Korean steel AK-47 mags from them. Very reasonable prices and nice staff.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jpm1953

Jun 16, 2015
    My "go to" place in Pennsylvania is Buchanan Trail Sporters in McConnelsburg. Great, friendly people, lotsa reloading components, and great selection of mags. I usually try to hit the place every month or so. Take 70 to just north of the Pa line, and then 522 north into McConnelsburg. Beautiful, scenic drive, about 1.5 hrs from Frederick. I always stop at the "Foot of Mountain" restaurant on my way there for a great country breakfast!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I typically go to Loudoun but I'll check out Bullseye Guns. Thanks!
    They're within a mile of eachother. I'll typically stop at both (although Loudoun is the only one open on Sundays). Loudoun's prices are higher, but their selection is amazing - new and used guns. Was able to get standard capacity CZ Evo Scorpion mags from them recently at $30/each (are $20/each online, but not complaining, was happy to find them there).

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Post 6 you said order online. That also means shipping. Another problem you don't see as a VA resident is that nobody will let you purchase mags online if you have a MD billing address

I disagree. Billing address and shipping address are there for many reasons.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    At the same time, CTD won't sell any firearms (shotguns, rimfire rifles, etc) to folks in Maryland. They won't even ship an upper to a Maryland address. Given their sensitivities, it probably would take one threatening letter to stop the above practice.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Too bad PWC is a bit more of a drive. Virginia Arms has a decent selection of magazines, including CZ mags for your 9mm carbine. Further south, you have All Shooters Tactical and Quantico Tactical.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Too bad PWC is a bit more of a drive. Virginia Arms has a decent selection of magazines, including CZ mags for your 9mm carbine. Further south, you have All Shooters Tactical and Quantico Tactical.
    I'm actually down in Manassas a few times a year (and in Dulles/Chantilly area even more), so easy to combine this in another trip. Will check out Virginia Arms.

euro2fast4u

Mar 1, 2015
    Frederick
    So, if i order mags and pay from them. and then have them shipped to a friends work o.o.s. and then receive them o.o.s. is this legal?

the law to me is confusing and dont want to get any one in trouble.

stupid fnh being all difficult to get mags.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I'm looking for mags for my G19 and AR15. I'm north of Baltimore in Lutherville. I figure my closest access point would be over the PA border via I83. Any store suggestions in PA in that direction? Thanks.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    So, if i order mags and pay from them. and then have them shipped to a friends work o.o.s. and then receive them o.o.s. is this legal?

Yes.

You cannot take possession within the state. Look at it that way. You can buy online in state, ship out of state if that option and the retailer allow it, pickup up out of state, and transport back within state.

You just cannot take possession within the state.

I have "care packages" from online sent to a friend in VA all the time, then avoid DC on my drive back to MD.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD

One other thing, I order from CDNN most of the time, some places won't do shipping to address other than billing. I ordered from Joe Bobs one time, they offer the ability to ship to alternate address and then cancelled my order because billing and shipping names did not match. If you're shipping out of state just use your name on shipping line but out of state address.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    At this late date, why not just drive down to the Chantilly gun show at the end of this month? It's a great place to find lots of items and sometimes even a good deal or three can be had if you are patient and keep your eyes open. Just a thought...

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    At this late date, why not just drive down to the Chantilly gun show at the end of this month? It's a great place to find lots of items and sometimes even a good deal or three can be had if you are patient and keep your eyes open. Just a thought...

Is that directed to the OP? That could be a 2 hour drive for me. I'm looking for something along I83 in PA. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom