• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    http://www.wbaltv.com/news/police-korryn-gaines-involved-in-police-incident-in-march/41016216

I was floored when I read this. She wasn't just crazy, she was absolutely nuts. And, that the media would actually publish this.

Started this as I didn't see it anywhere else.

Gaines suffered from lead poisoning

Gaines suffered from lead poisoning which can interfere with rational thinking, 11 News has learned.

According to records from a lawsuit Gaines filed against several landlords, a doctor said that "Korryn was exposed to a sea of lead when she lived in lead-contaminated houses. She does have a neurodevelopmental disability and brain damage."

I guess that WaPo overlooked a few facts about Gaines before they lumped her death in with their headline and 'expose' on police violence against women ... :sad20:

Korryn Gaines is the ninth black woman shot and killed by police this year

Can you say AGENDA ? Of course you can

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    The headline for the bottom paragraph made me LOL. "Gaines suffered from lead poisoning

Gaines suffered from lead poisoning which can interfere with rational thinking, 11 News has learned."

In her case it has also been found to interfere with living!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wonder if she had anything in her record that SHOULD had prevented her from purchasing the shotgun?

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Can you say AGENDA ? Of course you can

Oh yeah.

BBC news headline is "US police kill woman as child watched".

Either this is what is taught at the Journo. schools these days or they don't bother to hide it much anymore. I suspect the editors that sign off on this drivel are old enough to know better.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    More info tonight on Kelley File...

This female was a weirded out POS, who was willing to sacrifice her own children for a political position.

Irrationals are equating it to Dead Freddy and police abuse.

Amazing.

I suspect that this type of manufactured or misdirected outrage is going to get worse in the Periscope/FaceBook Live interconnected world.

There will always be messed up people in society. At some frequency, those we ask to deal with such individuals (often law enforcement) will find themselves in a situation where options to find a clean resolution disappear. This is Michael Brown trying to grab the gun of an officer and charging him after the failed attempt, and it is this women trying to put her 5-yr old child in harm's way.

However, what gets shared via social media will fail to show the larger picture or place it in context. Sometime after the outrage has spread, the larger context emerges but doesn't get communicated down the same paths (or as effectively) and so a false narrative gets reinforced.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    There is a lot more to this story than the media initially portrayed.

Lead poisoning. Two no-win police stand offs. Article 4 free inhabitancy, etc.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There is a lot more to this story than the media initially portrayed.

Lead poisoning. Two no-win police stand offs. Article 4 free inhabitancy, etc.

Completely misunderstood and often used by unknowing individuals.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Idiot 'Pastor', saying the police should have used "Sleep Gas"....

WTF???

Sleep gas; like the Spetznaz in Chechnya.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

That is immediately what came to my mind.

This gal was posting on social media sites the whole time including videos. Her "supporters" were telling her to not comply. Her last post was a video on Instragram where she's teaching her kid to hate cops:

her: (paraphrased) The cops are here to...
    kid: kill us? (asking as if he's not sure of the correct answer). Gee...how'd he get that idea?

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Very ironic that her mental issues were caused by lead poisoning. She was clearly not well. It's sad when situations end like this. I wish there was another way but that is not my area of expertise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom