• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    thanks for the heads up, I have to drive to Ocean City Sat morning.
    Any link to it? is it at the Ice rink/Talbot County building?

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Been going to that show for many years and it is one of my favorite shows. If you're into Black Rifles and Glocks, this is not the show for you. However, if you like older guns and hunting guns, with a smattering of other things, it is a great show. Yes, it is fairly small. But where else can you see an 8 ga shotgun or a myriad of very old...or not so old hunting shotguns and rifles. Not a ton of handguns but often a few...in fact one collector has come pretty often with a good number of Colt SAAs. CSMC has been there a couple times with their custom shotguns. Occasionally, you will see a table with a few modern sporting rifles, but that's not the primary emphasis. The Eastern Shore Arms Collectors put this on and have rules limiting tables to mostly all gun and gun-related items (some portion of a table can be non-gun). It's one of the few shows Maryland hasn't ruined although it isn't quite as good as it was 20 years ago. A few collectors who are in the ESAC are the same guys I used to see doing gun shows all over Maryland many years ago even though many of them don't run the circuits like they used to. I have made quite a few good deals there....and probably should'a bought a Dumoulin I saw there last year (I passed it up 'cause it wasn't anything I had been looking for and the price was a bit over $1k,,,but I think it was a very fair price for that fine, old, but unmolested, shotgun)

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Stopped by the show on the way to the Waterfowl Festival. As noted earlier, it is not Chantilly. Only one guy selling evil black rifles, Windham HBC's, for $1099 each. Lots of hunting rifles and shotguns which was great, but I thought prices were a little on the high side. One chap was selling a nice Yugo M59 SKS for $400. I was in and out in about 45 minutes. Still it's a gun show in Maryland and I fully appreciate that!!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I stopped by for 45 mins cause I was passing by.
    Got a good price on an Enfield Pig sticker Bayo

There were a few Arisakas with mums, but the one I liked was not matching so I passed.
    Did not see anything else I was interested in taking home with me but worth the time since I was in the area.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I wasn't as impressed with the show as much as in past years. It wasn't terrible, just not as good as some past shows. I agree some prices were high, but if you see something you really like, many will bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom