• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winchester

Jan 28, 2013
    Lutherville
    I'm contemplating the Trijicon MRO for my next AR optic. Does anyone here have any first-hand time behind one? Also, eBay has a few for a great price during the holidays but I'm wondering if there are pitfalls to ordering one there (i.e. fakes?).

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    MRO is really nice at high brightness it starts to deform a bit, the blue tint is there,but it isn't as distracting as the lower budget optics. If you use it inside any lights behind you will distort the picture.
    Overall though I love it ! When looking through the aimpoints the tunnel effect comes into effect I think that's where the MRO has it's advantages.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    If you have an astigmatism (diagnosed or undiagnosed), it is unusable, in my opinion. I was excited to use it, and it was worthless to me. I had to move to prismatic optics.

Winchester

Jan 28, 2013
    Lutherville
    Thanks all. I think I'm going to give it a try. I haven't found many bad reviews and the price is right for the predicted quality I'll be getting.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I do not know if you plan to buy a new one or a used on off E-Bay, but if you are planning to get either one, I suggest you give OpticsPlanet a call and try to negotiate a price with them on a new optic. My experience is that you can easily get them to discount their price by 25%, if not more. Then you can compare the price they offer on a new optic with full warranty with the price on E-Bay and decide which way you want to go.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom