• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Not a facebooker.

Wonder how they narrowed down on him in Baltimore? What was the hubub in those pictures early with AACP TAC?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    i have lived here since 1998, and its just gotten too crowded too fast... too many just traveling up and down 301...
    That would be me - I take 3/301 South every day on my way to work, although to be fair, there was a time when I lived in Crofton, and my wife teaches school there.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Not a facebooker.

Wonder how they narrowed down on him in Baltimore? What was the hubub in those pictures early with AACP TAC?

A search like this involves many more agencies then just AACO. Everyone gets involved in a case like this. He most likely had state, Feds and every surrounding jurisdiction looking out for him and using resources to find him.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    A search like this involves many more agencies then just AACO. Everyone gets involved in a case like this. He most likely had state, Feds and every surrounding jurisdiction looking out for him and using resources to find him.

Is that how police work is done?

Again, what took him to Baltimore .. winder if Stingray is stillin use here or... was he tweeting selfies....

And the tac response to the Natalus diner area?

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Guy was apparently a troubled vet. Some of his friends are saying ptsd, others are saying he was just always an *******.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie

There was a show on recently called "Hunted" - not sure if everyone here saw it or not. The premise of the show was that at any point a team of two people could be told that they were on the run, and then they had to elude searchers for 28 days and make a getaway after withdrawing $250,000 prize money from a bank. Almost everyone got caught, and usually within the first two weeks.

I was blown away by the resources the police agencies have to find people. Here are a few that they used.

1. Flags put on credit cards, ATM cards, and bank accounts that would ping with a location and time for when those things saw activity.
    2. Cell phone GPS tracking via tower triangulation
    3. Licence plate readers.
    4. Close circuit video cameras - they are EVERYWHERE. Intersections, gas stations, ATM machines, etc.
    5. Cell phone audio recording - they could actually get a court order to record all audio calls, get the recordings, and listen back to the dialog.
    6. US Mail - did you know that EVERY piece of mail that gets processed gets photographed?
    7. Email tracking.
    8. Social media.
    9. Drones.
    10. Lists of known associates.
    To add to that, the whole concept of "burner" cell phones went out the window too. One person went into a drug store and bought a burner phone, but they were captured on CC video, so once they had a time and store location, the searchers were able to pull the copies of the purchase receipts to get the number of the burner phone, which is listed on the receipt.

They had two young guys who were going to stay off the grid by not using phones, and relying on their social skills to bum rides, places to stay, make calls on other people's phones, etc. Well, both of these guys had Tinder accounts, so they blasted Tinder with Wanted adds with their photos and promise of reward, and that's what led to them getting captured - someone saw the add and called them in, so once the searchers closed in to that general area, they nailed them - they actually found them on someone's boat in the middle of a lake by using a drone - then it was a matter of intercepting them once they hit land again.

After watching that show, I had no doubt that this guy was going to be found in pretty short order.

What's scary is just how danged intrusive it is - forget your Constitutional rights to privacy - that's just an illusion at this point.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    There was a show on recently called "Hunted" - not sure if everyone here saw it or not. The premise of the show was that at any point a team of two people could be told that they were on the run, and then they had to elude searchers for 28 days and make a getaway after withdrawing $250,000 prize money from a bank. Almost everyone got caught, and usually within the first two weeks.

I was blown away by the resources the police agencies have to find people. Here are a few that they used.

1. Flags put on credit cards, ATM cards, and bank accounts that would ping with a location and time for when those things saw activity.
    2. Cell phone GPS tracking via tower triangulation
    3. Licence plate readers.
    4. Close circuit video cameras - they are EVERYWHERE. Intersections, gas stations, ATM machines, etc.
    5. Cell phone audio recording - they could actually get a court order to record all audio calls, get the recordings, and listen back to the dialog.
    6. US Mail - did you know that EVERY piece of mail that gets processed gets photographed?
    7. Email tracking.
    8. Social media.
    9. Drones.
    10. Lists of known associates.
    To add to that, the whole concept of "burner" cell phones went out the window too. One person went into a drug store and bought a burner phone, but they were captured on CC video, so once they had a time and store location, the searchers were able to pull the copies of the purchase receipts to get the number of the burner phone, which is listed on the receipt.

They had two young guys who were going to stay off the grid by not using phones, and relying on their social skills to bum rides, places to stay, make calls on other people's phones, etc. Well, both of these guys had Tinder accounts, so they blasted Tinder with Wanted adds with their photos and promise of reward, and that's what led to them getting captured - someone saw the add and called them in, so once the searchers closed in to that general area, they nailed them - they actually found them on someone's boat in the middle of a lake by using a drone - then it was a matter of intercepting them once they hit land again.

After watching that show, I had no doubt that this guy was going to be found in pretty short order.

What's scary is just how danged intrusive it is - forget your Constitutional rights to privacy - that's just an illusion at this point.

And there is more. Realize those are the bits of information that you picked up because they were offered to you. There are many things still which are not known or better still not confirmed.

As an aside, this is why the reaction to president Trump's wiretapping claim is so bogus. Of course they were listening. We have learned that all of these things are under surveillance. There is no text, email, piece of mail, package, vehicle, etcetera that is not under some form of surveillance. That was the big media store it for so many years. Eric Snowden, Wikileaks, Julian Assange, Big Brother. Yet people consider this idea that Trump Tower was somehow bugged, or that he was being surveyed has some off-the-wall crazy idea.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007

Again, what took him to Baltimore .. winder if Stingray is stillin use here or... was he tweeting selfies....

And the tac response to the Natalus diner area?

He was a drug addict. Baltimore took him to Baltimore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom