• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strat56

Feb 23, 2017
    I got my shipping label and notification email yesterday, pistol is boxed up and ready to go but can't ship it till Thursday night. The email asys 4 to 6 weeks to get it back from the time they receive it.

According to the email it's being shipped to:
    Ship to: SSI
    Recipient Phone: 6036103000

I guess maybe a 3rd party is doing the upgrades for them, which makes sense as long as they have good quality control at the 3rd party to check the guns after they've been upgraded.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    I got my shipping label and notification email yesterday, pistol is boxed up and ready to go but can't ship it till Thursday night. The email asys 4 to 6 weeks to get it back from the time they receive it.

According to the email it's being shipped to:
    Ship to: SSI
    Recipient Phone: 6036103000

I guess maybe a 3rd party is doing the upgrades for them, which makes sense as long as they have good quality control at the 3rd party to check the guns after they've been upgraded.

SSI is Sig Sauer, Inc. If you look up the address it is going to Sig in New Hampshire. They probably just don't want to advertise that it is a gun in the box.

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    I signed up for the upgrade but I really like my Apex flat trigger and hate to give it up. When I get the notice if I'm going to send it in, I have to change the trigger back to stock (good thing I kept the stock trigger) and they'll replace the trigger, the sear, the striker and add a trigger disconnect safety, which requires a little milling on the slide. No guarantees that my flat trigger will fit when it comes back. Don't know what I'm going to do when I get the notice. I just bought a second 9mm compact to use in case I do decide to send it back.
    I have an Apex flat trigger in mine. I'm sending my 320 back but I don't see the point of removing the Apex trigger if they're just going to replace it anyway. Seems like a waste of time.

strat56

Feb 23, 2017
    I have an Apex flat trigger in mine. I'm sending my 320 back but I don't see the point of removing the Apex trigger if they're just going to replace it anyway. Seems like a waste of time.

You won't get your Apex trigger back, SIG will keep it.

strat56

Feb 23, 2017
    On the SigTalk forum, several guys have sent their guns in a gotten them back already. All of them except one has there was no change in the trigger feel or that it was better after the upgrade. They also said the turn around to have the upgrade done after Sig received the weapon was 2 or 3 days not the 4 to 6 weeks that Sig said initally. I'm sure as more people start sending them in the turn around time may increase.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Do you put the SIG in its carrying case and box it up? What kind of box do you ship it back to SIG in?

strat56

Feb 23, 2017
    Do you put the SIG in its carrying case and box it up? What kind of box do you ship it back to SIG in?

Sig recommends shipping it back in it’s carry case and then placing that in another box, so that’s what I did. I had a box from an Amazon shipment that was the perfect size so I used that. Took it to a FEDEX store and dropped it off, they didn’t even ask me what was in the box.

Only send back the pistol, no magazines or ammo. Sig does not return the parts they replace.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I just received a FedEx shipping notification from Sig, guess my pistol is done. If so the current turn around time is about a week.

strat56

Feb 23, 2017
    I shipped mine on Thursday, 10/26 and I got the email today saying it was done and shipped back to me, supposed to arrive on Thursday, 11/2!! That’s a week round trip!! Nice job Sig!! I hope the trigger is as good as everyone says since the upgrade.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I shipped mine on Thursday, 10/26 and I got the email today saying it was done and shipped back to me, supposed to arrive on Thursday, 11/2!! That’s a week round trip!! Nice job Sig!! I hope the trigger is as good as everyone says since the upgrade.

It would be great if you let us know what you think of the trigger replacement and if it is truly an upgrade. Thanks.

Cal68

strat56

Feb 23, 2017
    It would be great if you let us know what you think of the trigger replacement and if it is truly an upgrade. Thanks.

Cal68

I will post my thoughts on the upgraded trigger. I'll do some dry firing and take it to the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom