• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That's having a Black Friday weekend sale right now. Interested in something for a 1911 and the new Colt Cobra.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    blade-tech is my favorite, but while they're not having a sale that i can find, some of their dealers are, including brownells, $15 off 150 and 10% off $300+. for handguns i like their original, thick stuff and the ASR belt loops and not the teklok (which i like for their mag pouches).

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Don't know if they're having any sales, but for OWB, Safariland has been my go-to for the past few years.

Retention is great (be it with the ALS or SLS setup), fitment to gun is bang-on, and the price is right in line with the quality. The added bonus, even the paddle attachment fits me very well - which isn't easy to achieve being a skinny bastard.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I don't have a favorite, but I won't buy Fobus again. No Uncle Mikes, either.

Are you caring if the holster is made of leather or synthetic materials?

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    De Santas fits my G43 like a glove Vedder for custom work for my wife's Kimber solo compact with crimson trace. I like it for its retention, and stiffness. midway has a clearance sale on some De Santas.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks for all the tips, folks. Will check out the different websites tonight.

Are you caring if the holster is made of leather or synthetic materials?

Leather or hybrid (e.g. leather and Kydex) preferred, as these tend to look better.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Leather or hybrid (e.g. leather and Kydex) preferred, as these tend to look better.

I would disagree with you there as I'm a firm believer in leather OWB holsters. However with your criteria I would suggest White Hat holsters. All pretty much a derivative of the yaqui slide type but leather backer and kydex shell with a variety of pattern options.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I would disagree with you there as I'm a firm believer in leather OWB holsters. However with your criteria I would suggest White Hat holsters. All pretty much a derivative of the yaqui slide type but leather backer and kydex shell with a variety of pattern options.
    I meant both that I listed are preferable to me vs all Kydex/plastic. I mostly have all leather holsters (particularly for revolvers) and favor the same for 1911s. Thanks for the additional tip. I've liked the look of the holsters that I've seen you use in the past.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I don't even pretend to keep up with internet bf sales .

I will say that Uncle Mike is light years ahead of Fobus. My opinion of Fobus holsters is lower than that of Rossi revolvers .

Not the case with the OP , but for those with ( other than most common of pistols ) check holster store dot com . Which ironically is located at holster store dot Net .

Fitments for a almost as many guns as FIST INC , fast service, reasonable prices , no extra charge for Left hand .

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    I don't even pretend to keep up with internet bf sales .

I will say that Uncle Mike is light years ahead of Fobus. My opinion of Fobus holsters is lower than that of Rossi revolvers .

Not the case with the OP , but for those with ( other than most common of pistols ) check holster store dot com . Which ironically is located at holster store dot Net .

Fitments for a almost as many guns as FIST INC , fast service, reasonable prices , no extra charge for Left hand .

Kydex
    https://www.google.as/amp/s/www.its...holsters-can-cause-accidental-discharges/amp/

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Older ( aka real ) Bianchi leather used to be the benchmark for mass produced gunleather. For both quality and designs . Heck , in their early days the entire catalogue of Galco ( other than the Jackass shoulder rig ) was a very thinly disguised item for item ripoff of Bianchi , priced 10% less .

But since John Bianchi retired , and sold out to Safariland's corporate parent , everything has gone into the Safari product line , and the Bianchi line is getting short shift.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks all. Sales from Galco, MidwayUSA, White Hat, and High Noon taken advantage of. OWB holsters ordered for a Colt 1911, Colt Python, Glock 19, Kimber K6S, and more. One Yaqui style holster is in the bunch. Didn't see options for the new Colt Cobra that are an improvement over the paddle holster that I already have for it. Still too new I guess.

For leather Bianchi holsters.

Already have several.

Purpose? Concealment, range gun, deploying, home-defense, competition, etc?

Priorities? Comfort, cost, retention, etc?

I have lots of different holsters already (esp concealed carry and competition). Mostly looking for good sales as I know what OWB holster styles that I want. Although I wasn't sharing this, some may be used primarily for concealed carry and others possibly for both concealed or open (for a barbeque piece).

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A good leather pancake : good concealment , good field holster, good retention( within context of holsters of this catagory) , good comfort . Dead cows always have class , BBQ worthy if so inclined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom