• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Fidelity...man, am I liking this thread...yeah, pump shotguns...M590A1's/M590's/M500's/Remington 870P's and Wingmasters/Winchester 1200/1300 Defenders...yeah...get them all!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Given the choices a Rem 870 in hardwood most of those look pretty good.

You may want to consider a RIA M5. Really nice gun with a butter smooth action they can almost gravity rack. Look good in hard chrome.

I actually ended up with two

iipsrv.fcgi

If you want to save some money and roll out some cash. The new make Ithaca or Inland trench guns are great. I have the Chinese version.

M37-Trench.jpg

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Lol. I seem to remember something about a shotgun scabard...

You did. That's because Fidelity's alter ego, Lone Festus, only comes out when we're taking shotguns to the range. Next thing ya know, he's showing-up on horseback with his Mossberg scabbarded to the side of his trusty steed, Mohauncher, saying shit like, "Howdy, pardner!" and "Let's head them critters off at the pass!" Blaster just wasn't ready for all that. Seriously, I thought I was gonna have to call an ambulance when he saw the scabbard. I guess I'm just used to it?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You did. That's because Fidelity's alter ego, Lone Festus, only comes out when we're taking shotguns to the range. Next thing ya know, he's showing-up on horseback with his Mossberg scabbarded to the side of his trusty steed, Mohauncher, saying shit like, "Howdy, pardner!" and "Let's head them critters off at the pass!" Blaster just wasn't ready for all that. Seriously, I thought I was gonna have to call an ambulance when he saw the scabbard. I guess I'm just used to it?
    Too funny!

I hope Blaster sees this!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD
    What you're describing is a medical condition know as GAS. Guitarists suffer Guitar Acquisition Syndrome, gun owners suffer Gun Aquisition Syndrome. Suffer is not the right word....enjoy might be better. And BTW, if you need to scratch the bolt action itch that you have, I have a beautiful Sako 30.06 that I'm going to part with.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I will observe my most recent 12ga pump was a 1950's Ithica M37 , there are a lots of them out there at decent prices .

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Fidelity...man, am I liking this thread...yeah, pump shotguns...M590A1's/M590's/M500's/Remington 870P's and Wingmasters/Winchester 1200/1300 Defenders...yeah...get them all!

Already ordered the 870 PM and thinking about the next 12-gauge pump. Maybe I need to sell a gun or two first.

Given the choices a Rem 870 in hardwood most of those look pretty good.

You may want to consider a RIA M5. Really nice gun with a butter smooth action they can almost gravity rack. Look good in hard chrome.

I actually ended up with two
    If you want to save some money and roll out some cash. The new make Ithaca or Inland trench guns are great. I have the Chinese version. ...

You've told me about the RIA M5 before and I nearly ordered one before deciding on the Mossberg 500. I forget what I read that put me on the fence because I was initially excited about it.

Dammit now this has me thinking about another 870

Will post pics of what I get from Summit Gun Broker when it arrives.

Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore also has 870 PMs for $350 shipped (mine was $325 shipped from Summit), but they appear to be in worse shape.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...ton-870-magnum-12-gauge-police-trade-shotguns

They also have used police trade-in 870 Express models for $300 with wood furniture. One can get Remington 870 Express Hardwood Home Defense 12-gauges with an extended mag tube for just a little more, so not sure that the used Express models are worth it.

get a 509a1, and hang a pig sticker on it!!!

Sweet. :)

Too funny!

I hope Blaster sees this!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As I said, there was a look of fear and confusion on his face after seeing the scabbard. It's not like I asked him to touch it or anything. He employed his FAM skills to tactically retreat to his Highlander and mentioned something about being late and needing to get back to Glen Burnie soon ... like real soon. I was worried that Zzzzz_man had brought up the black leather Urban Carry holster that we were going to surprise him with at the last pig roast, and given his helpful nature, Z might have offered to do a private fitting for Blaster and show him how to draw from it. Blaster still won't talk to us about that day. Maybe he wanted it in tan/natural instead.

What you're describing is a medical condition know as GAS. Guitarists suffer Guitar Acquisition Syndrome, gun owners suffer Gun Aquisition Syndrome. Suffer is not the right word....enjoy might be better. And BTW, if you need to scratch the bolt action itch that you have, I have a beautiful Sako 30.06 that I'm going to part with.

Lol, more enablers.

I will observe my most recent 12ga pump was a 1950's Ithica M37 , there are a lots of them out there at decent prices .

Beautiful gun. I'm debating getting old 870 PM wood furniture for the one that I ordered or going the complete opposite route and getting the Magpul furniture (in FDE).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As I said, there was a look of fear and confusion on his face after seeing the scabbard. It's not like I asked him to touch it or anything. He employed his FAM skills to tactically retreat to his Highlander and mentioned something about being late and needing to get back to Glen Burnie soon ... like real soon. I was worried that Zzzzz_man had brought up the black leather Urban Carry holster that we were going to surprise him with at the last pig roast, and given his helpful nature, Z might have offered to do a private fitting for Blaster and show him how to draw from it. Blaster still won't talk to us about that day. Maybe he wanted it in tan/natural instead.
    Anything with a name that starts with "Urban" is never good...:innocent0

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Already ordered the 870 PM and thinking about the next 12-gauge pump. Maybe I need to sell a gun or two first.

You've told me about the RIA M5 before and I nearly ordered one before deciding on the Mossberg 500. I forget what I read that put me on the fence because I was initially excited about it.

Will post pics of what I get from Summit Gun Broker when it arrives.

Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore also has 870 PMs for $350 shipped (mine was $325 shipped from Summit), but they appear to be in worse shape.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...ton-870-magnum-12-gauge-police-trade-shotguns

They also have used police trade-in 870 Express models for $300 with wood furniture. One can get Remington 870 Express Hardwood Home Defense 12-gauges with an extended mag tube for just a little more, so not sure that the used Express models are worth it.

Sweet. :)

Lol, more enablers.

Beautiful gun. I'm debating getting old 870 PM wood furniture for the one that I ordered or going the complete opposite route and getting the Magpul furniture (in FDE).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Forgot about that. Very happy with mine, sure they have some rough spots but works everytime. Originally bought for a beater truck/camp gun.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

And that's exactly how it happened, too. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom