• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    Hello, I've been browsing MD shooters for awhile now and never formally introduced myself.

I currently reside in Lexington Park. I just spent 5 years in the Marine Corps and decided to buy my own AR-15 after I separated because I love shooting that platform. I've also recently acquired a .45. I'm not an expert when it comes to shooting pistols, but I'm getting the hang of it. I've recently been introduced to the joy of shooting C&R firearms and will be buying and shooting more of them in the future.

I've been shooting at Myrtle Grove every other Friday since the beginning of the year and it's always a great time. Everyone I've met has been friendly thus far.

This board has been a great resource. Thanks a bunch.

Cheers.

Karl/PA

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Chambersburg
    home-welcome.jpg

ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    Welcome Marine.

I'm a Marine parent.

Thank you for your service.:thumbsup:

I always wondered...how does the AR-15 comapre to the M16 ?

Mike

No need to thank me.

Except for size variations, the AR is almost identical to an M16A2, except it doesn't shoot a 3-round burst. You're not missing out on anything. We never used burst...that's what the machine guns were for (but what do I know? I was just an air-winger with an expert badge). On a side note, our M16's were loose pieces of junk...makes me wonder how in the world I was able to shoot with iron sights at 500 yards. It's amazing how much nicer a brand-new AR is. Nowadays, they issue M4's with KAC rails and ACOGs.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Loose..perfect term. My service rifle literally jiggled (there was about a 1/16 space of movement between the upper and lower)....but I kid you not the thing was accurate as hell (at least out to 500....3 x expert quals here)

No need to thank me.

Except for size variations, the AR is almost identical to an M16A2, except it doesn't shoot a 3-round burst. You're not missing out on anything. We never used burst...that's what the machine guns were for (but what do I know? I was just an air-winger with an expert badge). On a side note, our M16's were loose pieces of junk...makes me wonder how in the world I was able to shoot with iron sights at 500 yards. It's amazing how much nicer a brand-new AR is. Nowadays, they issue M4's with KAC rails and ACOGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom