• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    That's awesome. It's what we all dream about and only the lucky few of us ever realize. Congratulations, R.

jeff g

BANNED!!!
    Jul 7, 2020
    Congratulations your pic looks wonderful, I'm sure you worked hard for it! I hope that you get to enjoy it for many years to come!

John2510

Feb 15, 2011
    Silver Spring, since 1973
    AT&T is the way to go in WV. When I run ASP trips there, or go visit family, I have signal when everyone else is dead in the water.

That's consistent with my limited experience. I have a cabin near Great Cacapon (between Berkeley Springs and Paw Paw). My AT&T signal is as strong as it is at home.

My friends with Verizon sometimes have to walk to the top of the hill to make a call. You may find a sweet spot on your property, but it might not help in a true emergency.

The prepaid option sounds like a good one. Or bring a friend who has AT&T and see how theirs works... then consider switching.

Congrats on the cabin!

Last edited:

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    Congrats and Best Wishes

Great plan as I am still in Florida, but still happy for You. My father came from WV and I would like to go back but at 74 it is not so easy thing! I need to sell my house in Croom and spend some to buy a piece next to You so I can Snow Bird happily knowing You are using and watching over My place. Anything up there close by?

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Congrats! I know many would like to have a getaway cabin in WV. If you would outline your plan here, many would thank you. Enjoy your cabin, you lucky guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks everyone. A place like this has been a dream of mine for years. If any properties become available Near by, I’ll post them on here.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Since you are in Mineral co., consider US Cellular. They are one of the best options around here. Depending on how far off 28 you are, signal might be available.

Nice looking get-away!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Since you are in Mineral co., consider US Cellular. They are one of the best options around here. Depending on how far off 28 you are, signal might be available.

Nice looking get-away!

My wife and I are looking for a place like you picked up. Beautiful. Enjoy!

Thank you. My neighbor and I went up there this weekend to do some work on the place. He has AT&T and was getting full signal. Looks like I will be getting a prepaid “mountain” phone.

Pic from this weekend just because I’m so in love with the darn place. :D

Attachments

• 755C55A7-E563-41B1-934D-CF951CF11E03.jpg
      755C55A7-E563-41B1-934D-CF951CF11E03.jpg
      128.4 KB · Views: 203

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have been avoiding opening this cause It will make me so envious. No cell service, you have a good problem on your hands there.

BTW, I have Garmin InReach for my boat. The cheapest plan allows you some pre canned messages for your prefered contact (you can make it your wife) that allows you to send the messages w/o incrementing your outgoing count. Her responses however are counted. So if she just wants you to ping her periodically, you can do that.
    You can pause or change the plan structure I believe also. It also sends your GPS coordinates and does tracks, so if you go off into the woods, she can look up on a website where you are if you turn on the tracking. It bluetooths to your phone.

Cell booster if it works would be ideal though. Cheaper in the long run and more utililty for you if you want to get to the internets.

Sooner or later, they will have that starlink thing up and running and you can pay your big $ for low earth orbit satellite internet.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Thank you. My neighbor and I went up there this weekend to do some work on the place. He has AT&T and was getting full signal. Looks like I will be getting a prepaid “mountain” phone.

Pic from this weekend just because I’m so in love with the darn place. :D

Any reason you wouldn't just switch your current carrier to AT&T? IIRC, you said the wife has it and you get deals for multiple lines making it cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom