New law to make it illegal to ride dirtbikes on your property without permission.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Local government...when you spent all that time and effort to buy property without an HOA.

If you can't do what you want on it, and you have to pay annual rent to the government for it, Do you really own it?

Very true. I have been saying that for years.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Got no major problem with having it on the books. Unfortunately their are too many “it’s all about me “ types that have no common courtesy or sense. We have similar here in Carroll. Most neighbors aren’t gonna call about an occasional ride.... but when you get the butt head with nothing to do but ride for hours everyday till dark getting as close as 100 feet from your deck it gets old real fast .

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Freedom is not always quiet when you want it to be. Maybe you are not the kind of person that ever makes noise. Soon you will not have to worry about having a choice in the matter.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    It's possible that the dirt bike riding neighbor who precipitated all of this may have been a real a-hole about it, and the only way to reign him in was with a new law. It sucks, but aren't most of our laws are the result of someone being an a-hole about something who can't be stopped because it isn't illegal...until it's made to be illegal.

I really don't have a dog in this fight, but I'll go along with the crowd and boo the complainer, too. :shrug: If our collective assessment is correct (that the complainer is the a-hole and the rider is an unfortunately located patriot), I really hope the rider has the funds and vindictiveness to buy one of those dual-sports that looks like a dirt bike but is really a tagged and insured street-able motorcycle, and he runs the sh-t out of it on his property every day to piss off the karens.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Everyone that I talked to seems to keep coming back to one person making the complaint. From only their side of the story and only portion I'm being told, it sounds like the guys riding bikes are asshats. But, to me it sounds like the are already violating the noise ordinances. The quote from the person with the county is that "the noise ordinances require a meter to test and enforce and that is too hard."

So, Pitman signed this into law. Fixing a problem for one person and putting a burden on everyone else because having and using a meter was too hard.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Negative. Similar to gun legislation, this will only further restrict law abiding citizens. It is not about enforcing the laws already on the books.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    A law looking for a use?

I wonder what actually caused this...? A lot of work to try to stop someone from riding a dirtbike on their own property.

soco

May 21, 2012
    I would be interested to see if someone wanted to challenge that law by having a plated dirtbike/enduro (think DRZ400 or xr650l) and rode it on their property. Then when the cops come, you say "hey, this isn't an unregistered dirtbike its a motorcycle and I pay registration fees on it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom