If anyone still has any doubts about Biden...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    They know they can’t pull that off. What they ACTUALLY want is to be able to say that conservatives are preventing sensible gun laws and that’s why people die and therefore why the Dems are morally better suited to run the nation forever, and little things like massive election fraud are really quite reasonable when conservative-caused gun violence is rampant. It doesn’t matter if it makes no sense - they specialize in that. And it works.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    They know they can’t pull that off. What they ACTUALLY want is to be able to say that conservatives are preventing sensible gun laws and that’s why people die and therefore why the Dems are morally better suited to run the nation forever, and little things like massive election fraud are really quite reasonable when conservative-caused gun violence is rampant. It doesn’t matter if it makes no sense - they specialize in that. And it works.

I agree. I also think the proposed mass gun ban is a smoke screen for the real objective, which is to chip away gun rights little by little. So they slip in a ban on AR pistols via ATF rulings, and everyone accepts that because "well we dodged the big gun ban, so we are content with that". We should dig in and have a zero tolerance for any of this no matter how small it seems.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Biden's Deputy Chief of Staff backs gun confiscation...she also was Beto's campaign manager.

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/11/19/biden-pick-gun-confiscation/

*****I never had any doubts. I hope we can keep all of their proposals from coming to fruition through activism and supporting groups like MSI, the NRA (yes, the NRA..), and others.

I don't think anything will happen in the short term, but I can see over reach in the longer term for sure. Hopefully, there will be court cases that work their way up to the Supreme Court where a more originalist thinking group of people can assert our right to keep and bear arms.

Mebbe I am naive, but I still think the Supreme Court has responsible jurists that will stave off major attempts at limiting our rights.

Winchester

Jan 28, 2013
    Lutherville
    The Turtle will stop them for now with his narrow majority. The next two years will remind the American people (who voted for Biden) why liberalism is terrible. 2022 will be a bloodbath in the Senate and House races with solid wins for the Republicans, ensuring that none of the Left's bad ideas pass for the rest of Biden's first term. This is the cycle we are in (happened during Obama's first term, as well). Too many Americans have horrible memories and are completely fickle. They want what's over there until they get it, then they want what's over here. Might take four years or eight but, eventually, all the undecided schmucks who voted for a geriatric, retarded guy will decide it's time to give a Republican a chance again. What IS unlikely is that we will ever find another Donald Trump, the perfect troll and best POTUS in modern history.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I Have no illusions with this lying cheating stealing group. They will everything they can to make it a living hell for firearm owners and the industry in general.

Let be clear, they want revenge for everything. They are spiteful vindictive beeches looking to make everyone pay for their self inflicted miserable lives.

That would be the camel that breaks the backs straw!!! ... If they tried to go for confiscation I believe in my heart that would result in Lexington & Concord 2.0

You would think and you would hope but judging from some of the posts that I've read here, on the vcdl Facebook page and on various other forums from gun owners across the country it doesn't appear that many would actually have the intestinal fortitude for such action. Nope, I'm sorry to say I don't believe any widespread uprising would take place. in fact I'm fairly certain there would be many gun owners including several right here that would be tripping over each other clamoring to be the first in line to turn over their firearms. There are some of us however who would rather die in a pile of hot brass and take as many of the bastards that we can with us in order to preserve the second amendment for future generations of americans.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    You would think and you would hope but judging from some of the posts that I've read here, on the vcdl Facebook page and on various other forums from gun owners across the country it doesn't appear that many would actually have the intestinal fortitude for such action. Nope, I'm sorry to say I don't believe any widespread uprising would take place. in fact I'm fairly certain there would be many gun owners including several right here that would be tripping over each other clamoring to be the first in line to turn over their firearms. There are some of us however who would rather die in a pile of hot brass and take as many of the bastards that we can with us in order to preserve the second amendment for future generations of americans.

+1
    Although the often quoted 3% figure (participants in the revolution NOT amount of antimony) is probably an under estimation, at any given time the number of revolutionary soldiers compared to population was never great. The population was about 2.5 million in the colonies and the total number of men who fought may have been as high as 250,000 however the army at any given time probably didn't exceed 80 or 90 thousand so although more than 3% it was never vast numbers.

We do know that when the "Shot heard round the world." was discharged there were about 77 patriot militiamen standing on Lexington Green facing 700 regular army troops of the British army. And those of us old enough to have been taught American history in school all know how that turned out.

It does not take a majority of the population to start or even to finish a revolution but it does take armed dedicated citizens who believe in the principles laid out in the Declaration of Independence and codified in the Constitution of the United States of America

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    As long as the Democrat party can keep it's sheep ignorant and fearful, there will always be a chance for them to chip away at our freedoms.Most of the media, colleges, unions and hollywood will help their cause as always.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    You can expect immediate additional gun control via BATFE promulgation of new rules and new memoranda interpreting existing rules. These type of moves have the force of law.
    Biden is going to want to say he put some substantive gun safety in place in his "first 100 days." Certainly the even ghost gun enabling 80% is going to be at the center of what he can do in regulatory law. He will also pump a few tens of millions into CDC population health/public health impact of guns. Anyone who thinks the later is trivial is ignorant of how studies are being used against us in major appellate case law. There could be a regulatory revisit of the 855 issue

The rest of the question and it is going t be the fulcrum determining whether we see a) Biden and Democrats drastic gun confiscation agenda enacted or b) frustrated; is Georgia Senate races. That run off will also determine whether we see successful court packing meaning whether the judicial backstop Trump achieved stands or does not.

Let's not forget that Biden was among the worst Democrat candidates when it came to the2A. He is on record opposing Heller and also has voiced support for "looking to" Australian model. His statement that Heller was a bad decision means he thinks that even with "universal background check" even training, even with mag cap limits, even with the entire boat he still thinks people would not be able to own any handguns at all --not even revolvers. What he has said about Australia means he supports widescale confiscation of the most commonly owned firearms in the US.

If you own a firearm or care about the 2A the Georgia senate run off in six weeks is the determinant factor which you actually can influence. Anyone simply blurting "I will not comply" is as much of a part of the problem as the "three Bs" of Biden, Beto (who is going to be Biden's point man on guns) or Bloomberg. On top of that, Harris is also profoundly anti 2a.

If you haven't sent money to the the two Georgia candidates yet, send it NOW.,

That new crop of recent gun owners must be made aware that this is not new and it’s not for the safety of everyone. They could be a real leverage for the future.
    While the new owners are an overall benefit, I have my doubts that most of them understand that the "common sense" gun regulation has always been a stalking horse for the ultimate goal of mass confiscation.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The Turtle will stop them for now with his narrow majority. The next two years will remind the American people (who voted for Biden) why liberalism is terrible. 2022 will be a bloodbath in the Senate and House races with solid wins for the Republicans, ensuring that none of the Left's bad ideas pass for the rest of Biden's first term. This is the cycle we are in (happened during Obama's first term, as well).

Huh? Obama got none of his ideas passed in first term? He got his centerpiece and the largest financial commitment the federal government has ever made with Obamacare passing.

And we have no majority yet. Georgia will decide and Georgia is in a clear long term trend of GOP losing more and more of the electorate each cycle. We are as likely to lose Georgia as win it.

As far as what conclusions the American people will draw, I disagree. Are you forgetting we are in a massive worldwide recession. It is a black swan event that would have tanked any economy, and the US is exactly average compared to EU death rates, and yes most of the problem was caused by idiotic mistakes the governors of NY and Cali -- but that will not be the narrative.

A blind monkey would be able to preside over the massive economic rebound we are going to see, but the press will hammer the narrative that it was Biden. They already successfully blamed Trump for Covid which was specious in every way. We will have a massive recovery and massive growth and all credit will go to Biden. We may have the greatest growth the US has ever seen between now and 2022 leading to a gigantic Dem sweep.

The vaccines, if we get projected 20 million doses per month mean health care workers Dec-Jan, front line essentials in Feb March, major at risk April-May, and the large majority of the rest of general population by end of summer or earlier -- causing a gigantic US and worldwide economic rebound -- all while the Dems take credit here.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Although I don't own any of the firearms that these proposals are talking about such as AR-15s and AK-47s, I am steadfastly against these proposals on constitutional grounds. If they ban AR-15's with "high capacity banana clips", what's to say that they won't try and ban my break barrel single shot 12 gauge goose gun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom