• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carter McCoy

High Standard K-1200
    Jul 7, 2020
    Crofton
    Anybody ever use these things? It seems you fire it like a normal round and it cleans the bore. Amazing!

Attachments

• CleanshotO.JPG
      CleanshotO.JPG
      40.6 KB · Views: 452

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I posted the same a long time ago and no one commented. I figured no one had seen/tried it before.

Blazer

Oct 29, 2020
    Not worth it, perhaps!

I bought some of those last year and used them a couple of times after pheasant and grouse hunting. I use B&P ammunition which uses a clean burning powder. So in my case it didn't do much.
    If you use dirtier ammo such as Federal, it might be worthwhile.

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    The oil industry uses those in pipelines between loads of chemicals and oils. They are about 15 feet in diameter and are called “pigs”. They shoot them through with air to clean the pipelines..

czman

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 20, 2020
    Cone on, guys...this is America and everyone has the opportunity to try to make a living. :)

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Prep stock for your AR shotgun so when the zombie herd is overrunning your position and your going full semi auto to hold them off you pop one of those through every 31 rounds to clean the crud out :)

Carter McCoy

High Standard K-1200
    Jul 7, 2020
    Crofton
    Ok back from the range with the product report: I do the same thing all the time - shoot 50 rounds at clays with one shotgun, then 50 slugs at steel with a different shotgun, then home to clean them both up using the same process of running three sets of cleaning patches [with solvent] thru the barrels, then oiling them and stowing them away for the next time.

This time last shot with each gun at the range was with the Cleanshot, after which only needed one pass with the cleaning patches [with solvent] to see that the barrels definitely were not as dirty. So I can say that if this product does no harm, for my limited use in my opinion it does something, but it doesn't do everything. I will buy them again just to have them as I tend to be lazy and pulling the trigger is more fun than boring, but in the future I can see where I will become frugal and forego the expense compared to a few patches with a few drops of solvent.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Man, you over clean. :D

When I shot sporting clays seriously, I would wipe down the external metal after shooting.

And clean the bore every several THOUSAND rounds.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I've used them, they work well. They're especially nice to have around if you're like me and don't always get around to cleaning your gun right away. I prefer them for my single-barrel guns (autoloaders) vs SxS given the cost per barrel, but I can shoot several hundred rounds at the sporting clays course and trap range, pop one of these through at the end, and not worry about cleaning everything right away when I get home.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Shotgun bore is already the easiest thing to clean............. why waste money on a ******** gimmick?
    That's what I was thinking.
    If they had something similar that would work to remove lead build up on a riffled barrel , not that would be interesting.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeap.

After shooting, I swab the bore with a mop. Like this, it lives my my case - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1014894366

When we shooting a LOT of sporting clays, ONCE PER YEAR, I would scrub the bore with some shotgun solvent (different than rifle to deal with plastic fouling) and a SS tornado brush. Done.

By a LOT, we were shooting well over 10,000 rounds per year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom