The coming assault on the 2nd Amendment...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    eh they're going to do what they are wont to do, regardless of violating the 2A, regardless of reasoning or rationale (or lack thereof). now they'll just use the capitol incident to make them feel better about infringing more.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    I don't think it would be that easy to do. There are many Democrats who are gun enthusiasts as much as the Republicans and Green Party. I don't think that every single Democrat is just going to go along with the mob.."Proof is in the pudding ."There have been many instances when the Republicans broke parry lines. A prime example would be the last vote..

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't think it would be that easy to do. There are many Democrats who are gun enthusiasts as much as the Republicans and Green Party. I don't think that every single Democrat is just going to go along with the mob.."Proof is in the pudding ."There have been many instances when the Republicans broke parry lines. A prime example would be the last vote..

Given the scope and breadth of the current leftwing overreach, and the iron fist policies of the Dem Party, and the fact that they have a lock on the govt until 2022 - and far beyond, given the fraud that seems to have been perpetrated in the recent election, I think it's naive in the extreme to think that any legislator would break out of the lockstep. It would be political suicide under current conditions, and possibly literally suicidal.

Democrats are trained to never break ranks, unless the party has a lock on a particular vote, and the member given permission to oppose needs the cred to win re-election. We've seen this in Maryland over and over again; it's pretty transparent if you're paying attention. (Paying attention is not encouraged, and will be even tougher now that the citizenry is locked out of the legislative chambers).

Being a "gun enthusiast" didn't stop Busch and Miller from ramrodding anti-gun legislation.

What would not be easy to do would be to oppose the likes of Pelosi and Schumer.

ironhead7544

Oct 27, 2018
    Agree with Bob A.

One thing we can try is to get any pro gun legislator to add pro gun riders to the dem bills.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    eh they're going to do what they are wont to do, regardless of violating the 2A, regardless of reasoning or rationale (or lack thereof). now they'll just use the capitol incident to make them feel better about infringing more.

It was a one and done incident that was a target of opportunity by extremists because of the rally that day. Unfortunately the masses followed the pied pipers and fell into the trap. Nothing else followed after that day and none of the true POTUS supporters will partake in anything in the coming days. It was far from the mostly peaceful summer of love 2020.

The crisis wasn't going to be wasted which is being amplified by liberals and see the result of it. RINOs caved and flocking to safety for their next election. They're literally hyping up more "terrorism" and going to be a massive waste of money and manpower. F.U.D. is their weapon and anything to prevent the orange meanie from being able to run in 2024 is being done. Unfortunately too many have abandoned POTUS and any possible re-run will never happen although I personally don't think he should have pursued (even before Jan 6.) Somehow they still shoehorn race into the mix.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It was a one and done incident that was a target of opportunity by extremists because of the rally that day. Unfortunately the masses followed the pied pipers and fell into the trap. Nothing else followed after that day and none of the true POTUS supporters will partake in anything in the coming days. It was far from the mostly peaceful summer of love 2020.

The crisis wasn't going to be wasted which is being amplified by liberals and see the result of it. RINOs caved and flocking to safety for their next election. They're literally hyping up more "terrorism" and going to be a massive waste of money and manpower. F.U.D. is their weapon and anything to prevent the orange meanie from being able to run in 2024 is being done. Unfortunately too many have abandoned POTUS and any possible re-run will never happen although I personally don't think he should have pursued (even before Jan 6.) Somehow they still shoehorn race into the mix.
    I don't think the orange meanie is going to to run in 2024 - he's getting a bit old for one, and I think he'd probably be much better at drumming up support for another good candidate.

He's not going to go away quietly, that's for sure. He's going to be quite vocal from this point forward.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    All those images of Gadsden flags, Come and Take It flags with black rifles, Trump holding a rifle (Rambo homage), etc that the media has been sharing this week from January 6 at the Capital will be selectively shown during such hearings as a pretext. They will use the gun-associated imagery in seeking bans and regulation of real guns. According to reports, there was a guy on Capital grounds carrying a Taurus 9mm pistol, and there was a van parked in the area with Molotov cocktails and a rifle. But other than a few incidents, with no reported use of firearms by civilians at the Capital, the rest of the American people, who had nothing to do with the break-in, will be penalized for it. Of course they were going to move forward and would always seek a reason, but with something that's even pushed COVID out of the headlines, they know what to present to the public.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    All those images of Gadsden flags, Come and Take It flags with black rifles, Trump holding a rifle (Rambo homage), etc that the media has been sharing this week from January 6 at the Capital will be selectively shown during such hearings as a pretext. They will use the gun-associated imagery in seeking bans and regulation of real guns. According to reports, there was a guy on Capital grounds carrying a Taurus 9mm pistol, and there was a van parked in the area with Molotov cocktails and a rifle. But other than a few incidents, with no reported use of firearms by civilians at the Capital, the rest of the American people, who had nothing to do with the break-in, will be penalized for it. Of course they were going to move forward and would always seek a reason, but with something that's even pushed COVID out of the headlines, they know what to present to the public.

We're living in the Choose Your Own Adventure, train wreck edition.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****The optics overall look pretty bad for the conservative right at the moment. The MSM has seized the moment and is just pushing a very strong "violence and sedition" angle that they are presenting to the public. They are masters at manipulating video footage with a narrative voiced by someone who sounds like they have "gravitas". It works.

The average person will just see what the MSM wants them to see and nothing more. The left may over reach a bit, but right now they are absolutely pushing a model that will resonate with many people at a visceral level. That guy with the Confederate flag is now one of the defining pictures from the rally - totally unfair representation of what transpired - but that pic, and videos of cops being beaten, and the scared congress critters are very powerful images shown by a media that very much downplayed the rioting/looting/violence/attacks on police/attacks on civilians/attacks on business/and property destruction in the billions earlier this year. The media know *exactly* what they are doing and I fear they have a decent chance of basically doxxing and virtually and professionally/politically alienating a lot of people sort of just stuck in the middle who voted for Trump, but don't approve of the violence seen at the Capitol building the other day.

It's guilt by association. Unfair to the 99% who were law abiding, but that 1% is defining all of us on the right and it is being pushed *hard* by the left, the MSM, Hollywood, schools, colleges and universities, etc... It's really a very well organized and coordinated attack.

I personally do not believe this has all happened by chance. There are some very very smart people strategizing all of this and they are collaborating with folks and organizations that normally just do their own thing. Competing factions, but all left leaning. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia

A lot of truth in this post. :thumbsup:

Oneqwickr6

Feb 8, 2013
    King Obama couldn't get much passed I think they are facing an uphill battle getting anything major passed but it's going to be up to us to stay after our representatives to let them know how we feel

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    ****The optics overall look pretty bad for the conservative right at the moment. The MSM has seized the moment and is just pushing a very strong "violence and sedition" angle that they are presenting to the public. They are masters at manipulating video footage with a narrative voiced by someone who sounds like they have "gravitas". It works.

The average person will just see what the MSM wants them to see and nothing more. The left may over reach a bit, but right now they are absolutely pushing a model that will resonate with many people at a visceral level. That guy with the Confederate flag is now one of the defining pictures from the rally - totally unfair representation of what transpired - but that pic, and videos of cops being beaten, and the scared congress critters are very powerful images shown by a media that very much downplayed the rioting/looting/violence/attacks on police/attacks on civilians/attacks on business/and property destruction in the billions earlier this year. The media know *exactly* what they are doing and I fear they have a decent chance of basically doxxing and virtually and professionally/politically alienating a lot of people sort of just stuck in the middle who voted for Trump, but don't approve of the violence seen at the Capitol building the other day.

It's guilt by association. Unfair to the 99% who were law abiding, but that 1% is defining all of us on the right and it is being pushed *hard* by the left, the MSM, Hollywood, schools, colleges and universities, etc... It's really a very well organized and coordinated attack.

I personally do not believe this has all happened by chance. There are some very very smart people strategizing all of this and they are collaborating with folks and organizations that normally just do their own thing. Competing factions, but all left leaning. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

If you watch the MSM, the optics always look bad for conservatives. They didn't seize the moment, they've owned it since 2008.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I won't elaborate because you all know, but they are going for a back door ban.

Last edited:

ironhead7544

Oct 27, 2018

^ This. I also believe this was not chance. Look who benefits, dems and repubs. It was a trap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom