• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob b

c@r collecting
    I have looked all around but find NO real answer to this

looking for proof that a c&r handgun can ship directly to a c&r holder in MD

anyone have a link or something ?

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Here is a letter i found on here a while back saying it's legal.

Attachments

• 01C&R letter interstate(3) (1).pdf
      203.6 KB · Views: 222

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Here is a letter i found on here a while back saying it's legal.

I used that letter to convince a dealer in NJ awhile back to ship to me as the revolver I was buying was C&R qualified. That letter is a little long in the tooth though now being that it is 16 years old but its the only thing close to 'PROOF' I've ever seen.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    You're a licensee. You are allowed to receive a C&R handgun interstate as a Maryland resident. Do you want a picture of my bound book from the past five years to prove it?

Matt

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    No link but several instances of personal experience doing it

No link required because it is a matter of Federal law. It is a matter of interstate commerce and Federal permits a licensee to transfer a firearm interstate or in-person under their licensee. Maryland regulates handgun transfers including C&R transfers so you cannot transfer a C&R handgun within Maryland as a licensee. But Maryland does not restrict licensees of any type from transferring a C&R handgun in from out of state.

Here's a link:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/whom-may-unlicensed-person-transfer-firearms-under-gca

These two sentences cover it:

A person may transfer a firearm to a licensee in any state. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I know it can also be done but I have a gun sitting in limbo at the seller and he is very scared as he says to ship to MD without some proof,,
    I told him MD isnt california

Get your money back and let him know that you will tell everyone you know not to deal with him in the future. I can't stand idiots like that.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    10 years ago I heard there was a letter from MSP saying yes, a maryland resident could receive a CR handgun directly from an out of state seller. I am sure it mentioned the requirement of an 003 FFL but i don’t recall that. A copy was sent to me by a friend. It was supposedly issued by the assistant attorney general assigned to state police, and it was on official letter head. Of course, all i had was a scan. Skeptical still, i called the assistant attorney general assigned to MSP who signed the letter. Not that i really expected he would take my call, but i had been a lawyer in maryland for 37 years at the time, he knew who i was and picked up the phone. When i asked him if the letter was genuine, he chuckled and said, “if my name is on the letter, then i must have signed it”. His name was on the letter. Surprisingly, this rule specifically does not apply to md licensed or regulated gun stores.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Most of us just stopped doing business with any dealer ignorant of the FFL03 rights as a licensee

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom