• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Ok,
    So I'm turning the big five-oh this year, and the wife is planning on going out (take away) for 5 nice dinners in May. One for each decade...pretty damn nice.

Anyway here in S. PG the food is....abysmal. Your choices are fast food, chains, or Soul Food. The only exceptions would be Charlie's Family Restaurant (Greek) and Bangkok Golden (Thai). They're awesome, but we'd like to try something else.

Now, pre-covid Honey Pig in Ellicott City was one of our faves, but truth-be-told their restrooms are disgusting. Now with health concerns it's a no-go, at least until things clear up a bit.

SO, any recommendations? We're not averse to driving a bit, but the reality is that we'll be getting take away. DC is out of the question.

The only thing that the wife doesn't like is Indian (doesn't like curry).

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What's the budget? And ... there are some real places that are making sit-down-and-eat an actually pleasant experience once again.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    National Harbor has some nice restaurants that you can at least go to 3 places:

Grace's Mandarin is one. Pick other two that has $$$ for cost. :lol:

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    iron age in Catonsville is good. I used to go to the honey pig a lot but never visited the bathrooms unless I was retarded drunk at 3am. fogo dechao is always amazing.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    So what are the best steak houses in MD? OK, don't laugh. I went to Chris Ruth in Chicago. It was good.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    In regards to the Nat'l Harbor, we went to two separate restaurants on two separate occasions.

First was Rosa Mexicano. My drink was good, but that's about it. Food sucked.

Second was to a seafood joint. I don't think it was the Walrus, it may have closed down. Anyway, it was good, but everything was ala carte and expensive. Not worth it.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Hey runt! :lol2:

Probably already mentioned but, 1 of the 5 should be:

Edgewater Restaurant.

Crab cakes.

That is all. :cool:

Also Jerry’s Seafood (call ahead and let him / them know it’s a special occasion)

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    Lewnes in Annapolis is great, Morton’s Steak house or The Prime Rib in Baltimore are excellent as well. Ruth’s Chris in Pilesville is good as well.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Hey runt! :lol2:

Probably already mentioned but, 1 of the 5 should be:

Edgewater Restaurant.

Crab cakes.

That is all. :cool:

Also Jerry’s Seafood (call ahead and let him / them know it’s a special occasion)

Oooohhhh may have to check out Jerrys. E we love the Blue Dolphin

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    If you are willing to make the drive, Steak and Main in North East is awesome.

Vineyard in HdG has great food, but its small plates, and well, they have lots of wine (you could parle it into a overnighter at one of the Bed and Breakfasts in HdG - Vandiver or the likes)

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Bit of a drive but up here in Carroll I’d highly recommend Rock Salt in Westminster. Johanssons isn’t bad either. In Marriotsville I’d recommend the Mad Chef or 620. Little Havana in Baltimore Harbor is good food. He first three are doing inside dinning and the food is much better that way compared to taking home.

oberyn

Apr 19, 2021
    So what are the best steak houses in MD? OK, don't laugh. I went to Chris Ruth in Chicago. It was good.

Ruth's Chris steakhouses vary per spot. One in DC? Amazing. One in Louisville? I sincerely could have gotten a better steak at Applebees. Next day I mentioned it to some locals and they said they've heard that a lot.

oberyn

Apr 19, 2021
    If you're looking for something different:
    East Dumpling House in Rockville is one of the best dumpling spot I've been to in the US and sure beats the drive to Filthydelphia
    Clay Oven in Frederick has great Indian food and they have awesome non-curry options for your wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom