Baltimore and Mosby making us proud once again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    Sad really. Any crime statistic that is "lower" is only because LEOs have stopped writing paper on anything that she won't prosecute. If they don't write it up, it never happened.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    FWIW

FOX45 WBFF reported that Baltimore’s homocide problem is because of surrounding state’s gun laws. Do those surrounding states have this homocide issue? I don’t think so. So then why isn’t it a Baltimore issue?
    Perhaps criminals should be caught and prosecuted fully. It seems the Baltimore AG feels doing their job is not what is needed.
    Baltimore has virtually the toughest gun laws in the country. It isn’t changing things. Maybe a new strategy should be applied. Perhaps freeing up the ability to obtain guns by law abiding citizens be tried and see if there is a change. Law abiding citizens are not the problem. Law abiding citizens that have guns are not the problem. Criminals are the problem.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    How is it legal for her to ignore the law? I can't ignore the law. You can't. Yet, she openly says she will not prosecute crimes she chooses. That's the legislature's job. You know the half-wits of Baltimore will voter her in again.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’d love an explanation, since you can’t go out of state and legally purchase a handgun without it going to a MD FFL.

In essence, they are saying a crime in another State is leading to crime here. Anyway you slice it, criminals are doing illegal stuff.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I’d love an explanation, since you can’t go out of state and legally purchase a handgun without it going to a MD FFL.

In essence, they are saying a crime in another State is leading to crime here. Anyway you slice it, criminals are doing illegal stuff.

I tried explaining that to my neighbor, he believes that you can buy full auto at a gun show because of the gunshow loophole and just go to a neighboring state and buy all that you want...all because the tv told him this.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Sure, but without background checks being required on all transactions you can have private transactions (well, more likely. Still happens illegally in states that ban them). Private transactions are WAY more likely to be sloppy. I've always asked to see a license to prove you are same state resident at a minimum. I've sometimes required a bill of sale as well.

Buying privately I've never been asked to show anything. Now, maybe that's because I am a member on the board and been around for a bit (even if I not exactly the boards most popular member by a LONG shot, but it isn't like I have 3 posts). But yes, criminals are going to criminal. But if you are minded to, it probably wouldn't take that much to shop around and find someone willing to sell you a gun with no proofs required.

Can't sell handguns face to face here legally. You can in neighboring states. Would someone pulling up with MD plates raise some questions in PA or WV? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe the person wouldn't notice.

Of all of the various specious gun claims they make, weaker background check requirements in neighboring states is perhaps the best of their claims. But they also know the vast majority of the guns being used in Baltimore crime are stolen guns.

So their argument is still weak AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom