• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    GOT IT BACK ALREADY!
    A month ago I asked about help with a rebuild for a Browning SxS. Several reliable sources suggested Art's although no one had personal experience with the rebuild. The gun had seen a lot of use and was getting loose and the lever was bottomed out.
    Art simply said he can do it, about $350, takes about three weeks. I shipped it off and in about two weeks he emailed me an invoice $1100 but $700 was for rebluing which I declined. I called him and he said he'd have it done in a day or two $350 + $50 shipping. That was on a Friday and I had it in my hands Thursday!
    It looks like he put a new joint hinge pin in it and put some weld on the locking bar then fitted it. The hook where the lug locks the action had a notch wore in it and its still there so he didn't touch the hook lug cutout. The locking lever was on center when I sent it, now it's way to the right, actually past the wood a little. It's tight now, maybe too tight. The screws that hold the joint pin in place were a little bugger when I sent it and Art cleaned them up and reblued them.
    In one of Art's videos he shows a Super Pose with the lever way to the right and he says guys often complain about it. He says don't worry, that's the way he does it and it'll break in and last longer than original.
    I haven't talked to Art nor taken the gun apart to see exactly what he did. I haven't shot it yet either, probably never will have the time and just sell it now that its fixed up right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom