How do you really feel about Continental Arms in Timonium?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you satisfied with the service at Continental Arms in Timonium?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    This Poll is for data gathering purposes and the results will be provided to the owners of Continental Arms.

Please vote honestly and only once. :)

I'm satisfied and have not had a problem
    They are a Bit Rough but that's par for the course at Gun Shops & Ranges
    I heard on the internet they suck so No Thanks
    I had a shitty experience there and I'm taking my cash elsewhere

Last edited:

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I've never had a problem with them. I have been in there when they give people a hard time which is uncalled for but overall it's decent. It's 10 minutes from my house. If you have questions ask anyone but the lady. I don't think she knows her left foot from her right foot

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    10-4...

I think this Poll should be interesting. Hopefully everyone will be honest and not drift this into a bashing.

We have enough of that already..

TurboHeloDriver

Constitutional Patriot
    Sep 23, 2009
    Waynesboro, VA
    Honestly, I think they're a bit unreasonable with some of their rules. Like the "waiting 2 seconds between shots" rule, what's up with that? No other range I've ever been to does that. They also wouldn't allow pre-loaded magazines. I understand not having a loaded mag in the weapon, I transport mine empty to the range obviously. But what's wrong with loading mags ahead of time to save a little time? They also attempted to assert one of their rules as being state law, which it wasn't (I don't remember which, it's been a while since I was there). Their are other ranges closer to me, so I will be going elsewhere. If were made to feel more welcome, I might come back occasionally. No bashing here, just my honest experience.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    I had to vote the last option. To clarify, they made no attempt to call me when an approved tax stamp came I'm. I only found out about it when I called the ATF. They had it there for a whole month before I found out about it. I wouldn't buy anything from them in the future.

I might shoot there under two circumstances. One is if I HAD to shoot, and had nowhere else to go. The other is if I were going with a group, and that's where they were shooting.

As far as a shitty attitude is concerned, you know me T. Do you think I'd take it and not say anything back? Besides...I'm pretty thick skinned, and my size usually keeps people's attitudes in check until I deserve it.

Just wanted to add...

I have never been treated bad when I have been in Continental. The only issue I've had was the tax stamp thing, and the subsequent BS excuse from the roadie guy when I asked about why I wasn't contacted when it came in.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Why is it that gun shops in general have a staff that likes to belittle and insult those of us less knowledgeable? Fascinating business practices. I have walked away from guns I was going to buy because of the A-hole behind the counter. Anyone have a good explanation? I'm curious

snoopaloop

Mar 5, 2009
    Middle River
    I get the best amount of hospitality that can be expected from a range in this state. I enjoy shooting so I keep going.

Extrapolate what you want out of that.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    when Jeep was there I was treated great, another guy there was always good to me, but the roadie gave me shit once, questioned my expert mark on the form, and he tried to give my wife shit once, that lasted all of 3 seconds till I chimed in. had a membership there and never thought once about renewing it

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    I have been treated poorly, but will give them a second chance. No ill will is harbored, just go in there with a different outlook and expectation.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    They didn't treat me bad but they did to my Brother when I was with him....
    If you treat my family bad you are dead to me!
    I'm not going to spend money in an establishment that can't get it's act together...
    Honestly I think we should send them a message and "BAN" them from use for a few months and only use the new FreeState Range for awhile

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    So Far the Pole is very telling.....

Comments like Maui's seem to be a huge factor in the early stages of the poll. Bad Mouthing a business because you had a bad experience and posting it on the internet seems to cause others to say they won't bother going there because of what they read on the internet.

Let's see how this plays out over time.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Why is it that gun shops in general have a staff that likes to belittle and insult those of us less knowledgeable? Fascinating business practices. I have walked away from guns I was going to buy because of the A-hole behind the counter. Anyone have a good explanation? I'm curious

Sad but true. Not all shops are like that. I have found a new one and get treated like family every time I walk in.

I won't even give Continental a chance solely based on what I have read hear.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I've been a member there for almost a full year. I have always been treated with nothing but respect by all the staff. I have seen many patrons be unsafe so I definitely appreciate how strict the RO's are. Other than witnessing "roadie" be rude to others, I've been pretty happy with them.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The roadie (Ziggy?) has been the source of all of my bad experiences at Continental. I used to shoot there maybe 80% of the time I would go shooting. Now that number is about 20%. That they pretend their unloaded magazine rule is actually state law is just silly and it spreads misinformation in an area that's already very confusing. I don't at all care that I can't bring loaded mags, it's their business and their choice, just don't tell people something that isn't true.

At this point, though, ownership has received enough complaints about issues at the range to do something and to date has refused to make a change. That's very telling to me.

I won't go out of my way to shoot there, especially now that Free State has opened. It remains a decent range with fair prices in a location convenient to me. Ownership can't/won't address issues with their business, so I'm inclined to avoid them if practical. I hope Free State can provide a better experience as I'd be glad to give my money to an Industry Partner who has actively sought our input as opposed to a business that refuses to not only join the largest community of gun owners in Maryland, but won't listen to them, either.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    The roadie (Ziggy?) has been the source of all of my bad experiences at Continental. I used to shoot there maybe 80% of the time I would go shooting. Now that number is about 20%. That they pretend their unloaded magazine rule is actually state law is just silly and it spreads misinformation in an area that's already very confusing. I don't at all care that I can't bring loaded mags, it's their business and their choice, just don't tell people something that isn't true.

At this point, though, ownership has received enough complaints about issues at the range to do something and to date has refused to make a change. That's very telling to me.

I won't go out of my way to shoot there, especially now that Free State has opened. It remains a decent range with fair prices in a location convenient to me. If Free State can provide at least that, I doubt Continental will receive any of my business in the future.

Please be sure to Vote...

Did they actually tell you that bringing loaded magazines in the store was illegal or did you read that they are telling people that on the internet?

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Gotcha...

That's like when WalMart used to take my drivers license and document my Soundex number in a log when I bought Ammo. I complained and a manager tried to tell me it was " The Law" and MD State Police asked them to do it. :lol2:

You know from working ENSF that Rules and LAW and SOP's sometimes get jumbled together when a confrontation with a patron get's tense.

Thanks for the input.

I plan to make the data available to the owners of Continental.

ESS

Jul 14, 2010
    Carroll Co.
    I had to vote the last option. To clarify, they made no attempt to call me when an approved tax stamp came I'm. I only found out about it when I called the ATF. They had it there for a whole month before I found out about it. I wouldn't buy anything from them in the future.

I might shoot there under two circumstances. One is if I HAD to shoot, and had nowhere else to go. The other is if I were going with a group, and that's where they were shooting.

As far as a shitty attitude is concerned, you know me T. Do you think I'd take it and not say anything back? Besides...I'm pretty thick skinned, and my size usually keeps people's attitudes in check until I deserve it.

Same experience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom