• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mandragon

May 11, 2011
    I have a couple of glocks and 2 1911's, but im looking for a handgun that is easy to suppress as far as reliability. Im concidering a sig p226 combat tb or a hk usp sd. My buddy has a glock 19, and I remember how difficult it was for him to get that dialed in, so I want to stay away form attempting mine. Also, the suppressor im looking at is a Silencerco Osprey 9.

Thanks!

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I have both the Sig and HK. I use a Tundra on them.

Both are reliable, I prefer the Sig, no real reason other then person preference.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Try the Beretta 92. Feeds most any 9mm ammo and there are a couple of good companies providing threaded barrels. Just my simple input.
    Dave

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    You can get any length threaded barrel for your Glocks from Wolf and other manufacturers.

Not sure how the Glock compares to others when supressed. Some are quieter than others but we have plenty of experts here, Scar I am sure will know.

I have a threaded conversion barrel from wolf and fit is excellent. I am now thinking to get an entire replacement slide from them.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I'll have a 9mm Osprey on my P226 Elite in 4-6 months. I have a G17 as well but I think the Osprey will be on the P226 most of the time. Sometime down the road I may get a USP9 SD also, but no plans as of yet.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    My Glock 19 with a cheap Lone Wolf barrel works perfectly using a Trident 9. Same for my Sig 229 and Beretta 92.
    If you're a Beretta 92 kind of guy, keep in mind you can have the factory barrel threaded by Adco or Tornado Technologies. I would assume Mid County could help you out as well.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    My favorite combo today is a Glock 19 with an Osprey 9. I have an AAC Trident 45 waiting on ATF right now for the Glock 23 (.40), but already have in possession the required 1/2-28 adapter for the 9. Just curious what the larger can will do on the smaller gun. I don't own a .45. We only have two handguns.

FWIW, if you go 9mm I suggest Fiocchi subsonic rounds. Good quality at a fair price. Eerily quiet. The wife cannot hear them from the back patio when I am on the range.

mandragon

May 11, 2011
    FWIW, if you go 9mm I suggest Fiocchi subsonic rounds. Good quality at a fair price. Eerily quiet. The wife cannot hear them from the back patio when I am on the range.

yup, thats my plan to get subsonics and plink in the backyard with a good backstop.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    My P226 Elite with my SilencerCo 9mm Osprey (currently waiting for MD/ATF approval)
    IMAG0062-3.jpg

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    My P226 Elite with my SilencerCo 9mm Osprey (currently waiting for MD/ATF approval)
    IMAG0062-3.jpg

I have been thinking of getting exactly that!

Do you get blow back in your face when you shoot it?

Can you send me a larger picture? I would love to see it a little better phiteshe(at)vt.edu

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010

Can you send me a larger picture? I would love to see it a little better phiteshe(at)vt.edu

Unfortunately Im still waiting for approval so I havent had the chance to shoot it yet.

The only photos I have were taken with my Droid so theyre all kinda small since I forgot to change the settings before I took the pics. Next time I go by the shop I'll take some better pics of it.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The Only 9mm Pistols that I will suppress are:

Beretta 92 Series ( works really well, even without a neilsen device, minimal POI shift)
    HKUSP9SD ( No mods required, just screw in your booster equiped can, and start shooting)

Both will handle and cycle the lightest - heaviest loads without having to change out springs or custom load ammo.

Attachments

• quietplease-1.jpg
      quietplease-1.jpg
      124 KB · Views: 536

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County

Only if you are doing it wrong. :)

Pistols are not held to your face. Rifles are. Technically gas flies from both, but the pistol gas won't get into your face. None of mine ever has.

Rifles have issues because that cheek weld puts you right up there close to the ejection area.

I also have an Osprey 9. Great can.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    The Only 9mm Pistols that I will suppress are:

Beretta 92 Series ( works really well, even without a neilsen device, minimal POI shift)
    HKUSP9SD ( No mods required, just screw in your booster equiped can, and start shooting)

Both will handle and cycle the lightest - heaviest loads without having to change out springs or custom load ammo.

Nice setups. Does it have to be an HK sd model or can you throw a threaded barrel on a non SD model without too much hassel?

I think my wife wants to get me a suppressor for my B day (end of this month when she is back for a couple days before afganistan). So I'd rather know now so o can adjust to getting another platform ordered/bought instead.

Currently I have aP2000 (which I really like to shoot), and a USP 9 & 45 on the way. I'm open to suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom