• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdm4540

May 13, 2011
    Just an FYI. I was just at the Walmart on 43 in White Marsh. They had pretty much everything in stock, including some Federal .40 that I picked up to take to Freestate later this week. They have a 3 box limit per day posted on the case.

T

xdm4540

May 13, 2011
    They didn't take any info. I'm guessing that I could probably go out to my car put a hat on and go in and buy another 3 boxes. Unless they feel like pulling video at that point it would be my word against theirs...

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    Why are they only letting you buy 3 boxes? Is it becuase there is a sale or something? I buy ammo from the wal-mart in Aberdeen all the time and they never limit anything I buy. I have bought at least 8 boxes of the same type of ammo at the same time before. You might want to question their policy, especially if it seems to be only one rogue store that made up this rule.

Necessary Evil

Sep 21, 2009
    Baltimore County
    The walmart in white marsh has been doing this for a long time. I believe in the beginning you were allowed up to 6 boxes , now 3 . They are doing this " to better serve our customers " . I believe thats what the sign says.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The walmart in white marsh has been doing this for a long time. I believe in the beginning you were allowed up to 6 boxes , now 3 . They are doing this " to better serve our customers " . I believe thats what the sign says.

Indeed. Even with the newer limit, they're usually OOS on everything except .22 and.40, though they occasionally have a bit of 9mm in stock.

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    If I frequented that wal-mart I would probably call corporate office and complain. Tell them you want to buy more ammo at one time and you often leave with only 3 boxes because it's all they allow. They might realize they are losing money in ammo sales.

On a side note I heard that the new wal-mart in bel air is going to be selling handguns eventually. I would love to see what some of their prices would be. Their rifles and shotguns are always dirt cheap. I bet the pistols would be too. It would probably make some local dealers take notice. Good for consumers looking to buy though.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Everytime I've been asked for ID while buying ammo, they have not taken my name but simply checked my age. It often is a 5 second look and then they hand my ID back.

I do wish that they had better stock though .45 has been very hard to find lately.

-Jim

AtomicAge

Jul 20, 2010
    Charm City, MD
    Go buy your damn .45 elsewhere! :lol2:

But it's sooooo much more everywhere else! haha.

Everytime I've been asked for ID while buying ammo, they have not taken my name but simply checked my age. It often is a 5 second look and then they hand my ID back.

I do wish that they had better stock though .45 has been very hard to find lately.

I can't remember if he wrote anything down or not when I gave him my ID. Hell, it could have been to check against my ATM card. Who knows.

doc64

C&R Collector
    Sep 29, 2010
    Raspeburg MD
    The Big problem with Walmart and other chain store is they are not from Baltimore.
    Around the U.S most Cities are part of or run by the county around them.
    Baltimore is differrent.
    people all over the U.S. think Baltimore City and Baltimore county are the same.
    I and my friends have had some nice talks with Walmart manager about them applying baltimore city BB gun and handgun Laws in stores in Baltimore county.
    the corp office talks with city hall in baltimore about stores in the county.
    the store in 40west would not sell pistol ammo or BB guns because it is against the law in baltimore. the store is in the county and the store manager did not know the differrent between the city and the county.
    i can not get 9mm at gold ring but i can at york rd, why is this?

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    The Walmart in Glen Burnie and the bigger one off of Quarterfield let me pick up as much as I can afford. Last time I was in both stores I cleaned them out of .44 Mag, .357 mag, .45acp, and 9mm. :)

That would suck if you could only buy 3 boxes. I wouldn't want to have to make return trips over a couple of days just to have enough for a decent range day. I'm sure if you talked to the manager they might be able to bend the rules a little. Personally I would speak to him/her and then ask them to order in how many boxes I wanted so I wouldn't have to worry about a limit.

Tim460

May 22, 2010
    Baltimore Co.
    I've been having problems finding non steel cased .45 ammo at Walmart for the past few months. Luckily I got a really good price on some PPU .45 from the Gun Shop in Essex.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    When you buy certain Calibers at WM their computer system brings up a flag to ask if it is for rifle or pistol. if pistol they want ID to check age. I always reply"rifle" and am never asked. I don't like their policy of not selling ammo out of the case after 10 PM. Some stores still limit quantity.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I have bought more than three boxes at a time,, in Owingsmills,, Timonium,, and Westminster. Now,, it MIGHT be because I buy "2 boxes of .22, 3 boxes of .40, ect) but I don't think I have bought more than three boxes of ONE caliber.

Tom

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    Why are they only letting you buy 3 boxes? Is it becuase there is a sale or something? I buy ammo from the wal-mart in Aberdeen all the time and they never limit anything I buy. I have bought at least 8 boxes of the same type of ammo at the same time before. You might want to question their policy, especially if it seems to be only one rogue store that made up this rule.
    Same here. I buy 9mm from Walmart. Western, 100 rounds for around $16 a box and they never limited me on how many boxes I could buy. Matter of fact, last time I bought all they had on the shelf.

The Walmart in Glen Burnie and the bigger one off of Quarterfield let me pick up as much as I can afford. Last time I was in both stores I cleaned them out of .44 Mag, .357 mag, .45acp, and 9mm. :)

That would suck if you could only buy 3 boxes. I wouldn't want to have to make return trips over a couple of days just to have enough for a decent range day. I'm sure if you talked to the manager they might be able to bend the rules a little. Personally I would speak to him/her and then ask them to order in how many boxes I wanted so I wouldn't have to worry about a limit.

That's what happened,YOU did it.Last time I stopped in the 1 off Quarterfield (3-4 wks. ago) ,they only had .40,.22,and a couple boxes of rifle stuff.
    This past weekend I stopped at the 1 in Rehobeth and the 1 in Georgetown and they were both in the process of stocking mega amounts.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    No limit at the Dundalk Wally. They always seem to keep 9mm in stock but rarely have any .45 or. 357 in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom