How long before Ruger SR1911 avail. in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleJim

Jun 25, 2008
    Anyone know about when the new Ruger 1911 will make it to the handgun roster? Is the process usually weeks, months, longer?

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    I was wondering the same thing as I was thinking of getting one eventually. I like the fact that it is stainless as my current 1911 is parkerized. I would imagine it shouldn't take long because it's just another 1911, but we are dealing with the MSP.:sad20:

enforcer

Mar 24, 2011
    Hampstead
    I am drooling about this gun as well. I can't wait to finally get one and have my first 1911. I have a Ruger P90 .45 already but I think I will enjoy the slimmer 1911 style pistol more.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    First, someone has to submit it to the handgun board. Then, they have regularly scheduled meetings. If submitted, they will review it then. After the meeting, the board will post whether the gun was approved and then there is a period of time when someone can file an objection as to why the gun shouldn't be approved. If no objections, then after that time, the gun becomes legal for sale something like 14 or 30 days later.

I do not know when the board's next meeting is and if the gun has been submitted. I would hope one of the Ruger dealers got a gun and sent the forms and gun in.

UncleJim

Jun 25, 2008
    First, someone has to submit it to the handgun board. Then, they have regularly scheduled meetings. If submitted, they will review it then. After the meeting, the board will post whether the gun was approved and then there is a period of time when someone can file an objection as to why the gun shouldn't be approved. If no objections, then after that time, the gun becomes legal for sale something like 14 or 30 days later.

I do not know when the board's next meeting is and if the gun has been submitted. I would hope one of the Ruger dealers got a gun and sent the forms and gun in.

And we pay taxes to fund such an idiotic process?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I just sent an email to the lady in charge of the handgun board. I will report back if anyone has submitted the gun and when the next meeting is.

UncleJim

Jun 25, 2008
    I am drooling about this gun as well. I can't wait to finally get one and have my first 1911. I have a Ruger P90 .45 already but I think I will enjoy the slimmer 1911 style pistol more.

I'm going to offload my P95 and upgrade to the 1911

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    And we pay taxes to fund such an idiotic process?

Yes, we pay taxes to fund it. After all, it is to protect us from bad handguns.

Horse dung!!

Being a member here is the first step in helping to rid the state of this silliness. Are you a member of the NRA? Gun Owners of America? Second Amendment Foundation? Maryland Shall Issue? If not, join and help write letters and donate $$$.

enforcer

Mar 24, 2011
    Hampstead
    I'm going to offload my P95 and upgrade to the 1911

I was thinking about that too but I would probably only get 200 dollars for my P90 and it has been a stellar gun since I got it back in the late 90's. It's worth more to me as a shooter than to sell it so I will just have to settle for 2 .45's in my closet :)

UncleJim

Jun 25, 2008
    Being a member here is the first step in helping to rid the state of this silliness. Are you a member of the NRA? Gun Owners of America? Second Amendment Foundation? Maryland Shall Issue? If not, join and help write letters and donate $$$.

NRA Life

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    It would be hard to believe that someone hasn't made the submission to the board. Hopefully, a dealer will see this post and give us some more info.

Don't know if the Ruger 1911 is even available to get yet much less be able to submit one to the roster board. Ruger, along with some other manufacturers like to "unveil" their "new toys" before placing them into production to keep the public's dollars in the pockets untill the production is in full swing. I could be wrong with that statement but if one takes into account the 100th anniversary and Ruger is not up to speed on this, it may be awhile before this gun will be available. A little FYI; this is a new platform for Ruger and we all know what happens about 50% of the time when Ruger comes out with something new........... Do you wanna' buy before or after the recall?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    There are a few SR1911's on Gun Broker. Quick Youtube search shows a few popular "reviewers" have videos of them; I guess they may or may not actually own them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom