• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    So uh… how do they intend to enforce this unconstitutional BS?
    I can make a 2x4 into a receiver… so is possession of lumber now a crime?

That's up to the DSP, they just make the laws they don't have to enforce them.

I would guess batons and tear gas enforcement for such an onus on their shoulders..

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The Senate Judiciary Chair accused of DV/Assault, removed from post.

https://baytobaynews.com/stories/af...wn-removed-from-committee-chairman-role,48509

Sen. Darius Brown has been removed as chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee following his arrest on two misdemeanor charges related to an alleged domestic dispute over the weekend.

Senate President Pro Tempore Dave Sokola, D-Newark, said Thursday he has informed Sen. Brown he will no longer preside over the panel. Delaware State Police on Wednesday announced charges against Sen. Brown, D-Wilmington, stemming from a Sunday incident.

“I believe this step is necessary to allow the Committee to continue its critical work without distraction,” Sen. Sokola said in a brief statement.

Sen. Kyle Evans Gay, D-Talleyville, will lead the body, he said.

According to Delaware State Police, troopers were called to Wilmington’s Taverna Rustic Italian Restaurant, located at 3549 Silverside Road, for a report of a domestic altercation around 6:20 p.m. Sunday. Police said a 44-year-old woman had been dining with Sen. Brown when an argument broke out between them over a social media post.

Sen. Brown then allegedly punched her in the face before throwing a glass of water and leaving the scene.

The victim sustained some redness to the side of her face but did not require any medical attention.

Sen. Brown was charged with offensive touching and disorderly conduct and turned himself in Tuesday. He was released on his own recognizance with a no-contact order with the victim.

Sen. Brown, 39, was first elected in 2018 to the open 2nd Senatorial District seat, winning a four-way primary to clinch the Democratic nomination. He was unopposed in the general election.

During his time in the General Assembly so far, he has made criminal justice reform a priority, being named chair of the Judiciary Committee shortly after being elected.

Like the 61 other legislators, he is up for reelection next year.

The Associated Press reported Sen. Brown pleaded guilty to resisting arrest in 2009 and no contest before judgment to offensive touching in 2004. He also, per the AP, has a long history of traffic arrests and convictions and failed to report on his required financial disclosure he owed thousands of dollars in back taxes.

In a statement Wednesday night, Delaware Republican Party Chairwoman Jane Brady called on Sen. Brown to give up his seat or be expelled by the Senate.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Ghost Gun bill passed (no grandfathering) as did a DV related one.

[...]

They await the Gov's sig, which will happen without hesitation.

Should we start a thread to offer out-of-state storage of spirit guns while this bill is (hopefully) fought in courts?

I presume that's legal, if not, please let me know and I'll delete the post.

DEVE

Jan 15, 2019
    DELMARVA
    Should we start a thread to offer out-of-state storage of spirit guns while this bill is (hopefully) fought in courts?

I presume that's legal, if not, please let me know and I'll delete the post.
    Civil disobedience is a duty, especially when it applies to unconstitutional laws.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Up for a vote today in the House.

The House co-sponsor (Chukwuocha) of the SB6 (17+ capacity std magazine ban) bill added an Amendment HA2 to the bill yesterday on the House side weakening SB6.

This is an indication that the bill is in trouble in the House. Good news but hopefully it doesn't appease those on the fence.

Here it is:

https://legis.delaware.gov/BillDetail?legislationId=78982

This amendment seeks to simplify Senate Bill 6 by making changes to the definition of “large-capacity magazine” and criminalizing more harshly those persons who use a large-capacity magazine during the commission of a crime. This amendment creates the crime of possession of a large-capacity magazine during the commission of a felony which is class B felony with a penalty from 2-25 years in jail. For purposes of possession of a large-capacity magazine during the commission of a felony, “large-capacity magazine” is defined as an after-market magazine which increases the designed capacity of the standard magazine manufactured and sold by the manufacturer of the firearm in which it is used. This amendment also adds the crime of selling, purchasing, receiving, or transferring a large-capacity magazine, and makes the offense a class E felony. The definition of large-capacity magazine for selling, purchasing, receiving, or transferring a large capacity magazine is any magazine that exceeds 20 rounds of ammunition for a handgun and 30 rounds for a long gun.

If approved in the House, the Senate would then have to take up HA2 to SB6 and pass it. In DE, they have until midnight on 6/30/2021 to finish their business (referred as Sine Die in MD).

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    HA2 passed in the House today on a "voice vote", and the bill along party lines.

Back to the Senate.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    There is an end of session 2A rally tomorrow (6/30/2021) starting at 4:30pm at Legislative Hall.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    We made it through the session without any further harm. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The crap bills (HQL, 17+ Magazines, etc), and some really good ones (including 21+ DE Constitutional Carry intro'd 6/23/21) will be back for next years conclusion of this session.

Speedfreak

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 16, 2021
    People still talking about how the courts are going to save us. I'd love it if that was the case, but I just don't see it.

Most times, the courts don't save the righteous and in this political environment, they don't want to. Bill Cosby is a current example.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Calendar says they are in special session today (7/1). I can't find what is on the agenda. Not the gun laws I hope.

They are not back into session until October/November. The only thing expected to be addressed at this meeting is redistricting. November 7th is the "due date", so it will probably happen before then.

The redistricting may bring 1-2 House seats back into Sussex county due to population growth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom