• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    In the world of freedom vs felony. Most will want to keep their freedom.

Full auto (without gov permission) is a felony just like an unregistered 80% if this law passes.

Would you take an "illegal" full auto rifle to the range and use it openly? If the answer is no the I don't see why you'd bring out an 80% you built as either one catches you a felony unless you can vouch for 100% of the people at that range and the staff and you know that a Le officer isn't there.

Makes its hard to train with the 80% lowers at most ranges don't ya think? As I said it may not be very likely on a grand scale but smaller jurisdictions and states may be able to pull off some sort of enforcement
    Regardless, it's a sign of things to come and more incrementalism

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Suppressors are bad...because....Congress will get back to you as soon as they think up a reason

Suppressors are bad because they make things that go BANG BANG instead go pew pew and people won't know where the shots are coming from and the police won't know where to look to find the shooter. Then there will be anarchy in the streets because people will run around shooting each other because nobody will hear them do it.

At least that is what happens in the movies and on TV.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    No vote on banning untraceable firearms Thursday

Legislation that would ban untraceable homemade firearms known as “ghost guns” did not receive a vote Thursday despite appearing on the House agenda.

The main sponsor said she withheld a vote on the bill to have more time to work on an amendment enabling individuals with guns lacking serial numbers to get them added.

“You just want to get it right,” House Majority Leader Valerie Longhurst, D-Bear, told reporters after the House finished business. “It’s an important piece of legislation. It will pass. We just want to make it sure we get it right.

She aims to have the amendment finished by the time lawmakers return from the annual February break on March 17.

While it’s unclear how often ghost guns are used in crimes — the Department of Justice is unaware how prevalent the firearms are — Rep. Longhurst said she knew of four or five instances in Delaware. She said she could not offer details on them due to police investigations, however.

Dozens of people turned up for a committee hearing on the measure last week, with irate opponents slightly outnumbering supporters.

https://delawarestatenews.net/gover...vote-on-banning-untraceable-firearms-thursday

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    So they want to give ghost gun owners a chance to add serial numbers to their guns?

Why?

"Sir...we think your gun, serial number 001 was used in a crime, we need to see it"

Gun owner "Oh maybe it was. It was lost in a boating accident. This gun is serial number 001 *grabs nail and starts scratching metal* this is 0011. Just got it today and will register it within the 30 days required by law"

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Serial numbers include gps trackers right? So the gubmint has real time access to ensure it's not being used in crimes ..? No? Oh well I guess it'll be just like Hitler and pals said; registration didn't work, our nice men will hold onto all the firearms for you...

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Do the idiots know that pre-1968 guns were never required to have serial numbers? Will pre-68 guns be grandfathered? Will pre-2020 guns be grandfathered? Will it become illegal to bring pre-68 guns into DE?

Another unenforceable feel good vote for me I did good law that does nothing to reduce crime

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    What if I made a scary looking black gun with components that were not black? Or put wood furniture on a scary looking black gun, think that'd be ok? Would give me an excuse build some guns.

*gasp*

It's like you unlocked a cheat code to the universe

Attachments

• wm_5603527.jpg
      wm_5603527.jpg
      124.5 KB · Views: 353

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I hear they are reintroducing the 15 round magazine capacity bill this year too. Not happy about this. I am planning to possibly move to DE in about six years and if this passes I'm assuming I won't be able to bring my large capacity magazines with me :sad20:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    No new gun control bills were brought up in the 2020 session that ended last night. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

They didn't look at the death penalty revival bill either. :tdown::tdown:

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    No new gun control bills were brought up in the 2020 session that ended last night.

They didn't look at the death penalty revival bill either. :tdown::tdown:
    That's good to hear. Aren't the Dems like one vote away from a supermajority in Delaware? So if they get that vote Republicans essentially have no way to stop any bill? I worry about the future of DE...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    That's good to hear. Aren't the Dems like one vote away from a supermajority in Delaware? So if they get that vote Republicans essentially have no way to stop any bill? I worry about the future of DE...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

My understanding is they already have it. We actually had a Dem stop a gun bill last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom