• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 15, 2020
    Mayor just announced during a press conference that with the absence of a civilian FFL, effective today two MPD officers will be taking over duties as FFL.

MPD site has already been updated: https://mpdc.dc.gov/node/763182

Jan 15, 2020
    Too bad. No break on Sykes’ fee.

https://dcist.com/story/20/04/20/d-...le-federal-firearms-licensee-in-the-district/

EDIT: Unclear in the context of that article if the $125 fee referenced was Sykes’ or what MPD will charge. Still can’t imagine them cutting anyone a break.

“so that we wouldn’t run into any constitutional issues or open ourselves up to meddling in our gun laws from outside groups,” Bowser said.

Hopefully a circuit court will rule that a taxpayer-funded city agency charging $125 for a service that private citizens charge $25-50 for is at best "unconstitutional"

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    “so that we wouldn’t run into any constitutional issues or open ourselves up to meddling in our gun laws from outside groups,” Bowser said.

Hopefully a circuit court will rule that a taxpayer-funded city agency charging $125 for a service that private citizens charge $25-50 for is at best "unconstitutional"

Yeah that $125 fee is gonna get interesting

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This should be interesting. God forbid they actually let a private citizen run and FFL business in the District.
    Hope they don’t screw over DC residents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I wonder when MPD plans on being able to process transactions. As of the ATF's March listing of FFLs they are absent. It's not like the ATF is turning 01s around over night... In the April 10 aggregated ATF statistics, I see 1 FFL pending application in DC, so I assume MPD already has their paperwork in.

Also impressed with our 28 03FFLs - we're beating PR by 8, and easily crushing the rest of the territories. Less than 100 03s to go to catch up with the equally oppressed pesants of NJ and HI.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/undefined/ffltypebystate04-10-2020pdf/download

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    That DCist article is so poorly written.

But anyway -- in the other thread someone said Sykes was having an operation but the DCist article says: Reached by phone, Sykes, who moved his operation to MPD headquarters in 2011, says that there were simply “too many people coming in every day” to continue operations.

Lol too many people at $125/each.

I'm pretty sure there will never be a real retail FFL in DC and the next one will just be Sykes II, plus hopefully Mance is hopefully decided the right way by USSC and this will all be moot.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I wonder when MPD plans on being able to process transactions. As of the ATF's March listing of FFLs they are absent. It's not like the ATF is turning 01s around over night... In the April 10 aggregated ATF statistics, I see 1 FFL pending application in DC, so I assume MPD already has their paperwork in.

Also impressed with our 28 03FFLs - we're beating PR by 8, and easily crushing the rest of the territories. Less than 100 03s to go to catch up with the equally oppressed pesants of NJ and HI.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/undefined/ffltypebystate04-10-2020pdf/download

Wow there are far fewer 03FFLs than I figured.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    That DCist article is so poorly written.

DCist is fully owned by the WAMU NPR station, which is part of the gun control lobby. WAMU gets and distributes funds from one of the largest funders of gun control and ban efforts, the "Kendeda Fund."

Quote a few articles concerning firearms in DC in DCist are written by WAMU writers getting "mid -career" "grants" (no strings cash payments to working journalists) from Kendeda via AMU laundering scheme aka "Guns in America" journalist payment operation:
    https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/...a-new-reporting-initiative-on-guns-in-america

On any number of NPR stations now You can hear "journalists" who are getting these "Guns in America" backdoor payments and on DC programs such as Kojo Nambi, 1A, and Diane Rheem, with no note made of the fact that the supposed dispassionate journalist is paid by a major gun ban player.

So far the "Guns in America" payment scheme has given cash to about r40 "hjouranlsits" (here are the first ten https://wamu.org/around-wamu/two-ye...collaborative-commences-10-reporting-fellows/ ) that are placed as neutral "experts" on gun issues.

EG on Kojo Nambi, a recent talk on gun sales spike https://thekojonnamdishow.org/shows/2020-04-06/gun-sales-surge-during-the-public-health-crisis with the neutral journalist AC Valdez who in fact is is part of this "educational effort" and funded by Kendeda.

Kendeda also buries a lot of its funding of gun ban work by giving to other "foundation" that advocates bans, for example it gives to Tides Foundation, which acts as an "incubator" for gun control efforts.

DCist is neck deep in participating in the gun control lobby, and reprinting what WAMU writers being paid by that lobby write.

In this case though the many mistakes in the article maybe just mean the article writer may simply be, like most reporters, totally ignorant on the subject

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    DCist is fully owned by the WAMU NPR station, which is part of the gun control lobby. WAMU gets and distributes funds from one of the largest funders of gun control and ban efforts, the "Kendeda Fund."...

Thanks for the detailed reply rascal.
    I usually just chalk up such terrible writing to just plain ignorance or laziness but maybe it is something more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    So just heard back from the new email address
    Adminbox, GRU (MPD) gru.adminbox@dc.gov
    that is now on the registration page.

Anyone hoping that the $125 registration fee would go down are out of luck.

Was just told "It is $125."

Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom