• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    was watching a documentary years ago and the Private investigator said that criminals and people that don't want to be found will almost always continue with their hobbies. So I can see that DNR find people that have warrants more than police pulling people over for speeding.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    and

Too bad Maryland DNR can't/won't do anything about people here illegally illegally catching fish.

and trashing the area like their own personal latrine. One of my younger brothers who passed a few years ago used to call Canal Road the Mayan Mile. Also, at Lake Frank and Needwood he would see trash, dirty diapers, etc. He would catch huge smallies. They would come up to him asking for the fish if he was not eating it. He would say nope and throw the fish back. Cannot catch fish with your surf rods and 10 pound weights. lol

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    If you see the Bastids poaching then call the cops or DNR quick and get any info if you see it happening. I have to abide by the laws and they come to our country and rape our natural resources? Hell I am not letting them. I will confront them myself. That is just me. I read an email I got last week from the DNR and they are using satelite cameras it said where I live and all over the complete bay now. They said that the officers cant be everywhere at once in the patrol boats so they can see any fisherman or craft in the water and start watching it. Could be you they are watching. They are in their house, vehicle, office or wherever on their computer and checking boats and fisherman this year with the new technology. If they see and infraction or poaching or maybe drinking then they will direct an officer in a patrol boat to you. I am sure others have read about it recently. Yes you are being watched it sounds like and may not know it.

Yeah really, they were walking in on someone I know predator hunting at night on private land.
    Twice. Were just a bunch of eastern shore hicks so we suspected a camera on a new cell phone located in the area.

Somebody ought to hip them about the grain spillage on the side of the road weeks after harvest time.
    You know, the kind of pile that sort of looks like some corn got dumped from the combine into the bulk truck weeks after the corns been cut except beans were planted that year.
    Happens every year mysteriously when the city hunters come around for firearms in certain places.
    Easy money right there if someone knew they would pay up for a conviction.
    Instead of trying to bust everyone they thought was doing something wrong on family owned land and ruining a hunting opportunity, building trust in the community which would yield more arrests/fines for poaching or providing tips.

I never seen a guy with a fishing rod, call a doe he shot a he when hes passing along deer hunting knowledge to me.
    At least not yet, so they don't really bother me to much yet.
    They're the worst I think.:lol2:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I try not to wake the dead (thread), but this new case in Louisana sheds some light on, and challenges, the 'open fields' doctrine (and 'fishing trips' by LE) mentioned earlier in this thread and used to trespass 'legally'.

It seems the USSC had ruled that "land" wasn't property protected by the 4th amendment, but LA had. This might get interesting.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...searching-private-property-without-permission

Government agents and agencies in the state of Louisiana are being sued for searching private property without the owner’s permission.

While many assume that the U.S. Constitution protects property from “unreasonable searches and seizures,” a Supreme Court decision from a century back says private land is not included.

It’s called the “open fields” doctrine and agents use it to enter property whenever they want.

However, some states, including Louisiana, have a higher standard built into their state constitutions.

And that’s the focal point of the new dispute being handled by the Institute for Justice.

“Tom Manuel owns land that he uses to grow timber commercially, as well as for recreation. In December, two separate times, game wardens with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) entered Tom’s land without permission in search of possible hunting violations. Both times they left without giving a citation,” the legal team explained.....

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I wouldn’t get to happy with it.
    I would be hard pressed to believe in any jurisdiction the ability to access land would be reduced.
    Not as long as the controlling authority grants access to theirs and allows public use for tax breaks and things like that.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Agreed, but it IS written into the LA State Constitution so the landowner may at least win there.
    Could be, but sometimes I think people have to watch what they wish for, that are not in LA.
    A good example could be understanding completely what the game agents were there for in the first place and what exists on the record for wildlife violations of a plaintiff in the first place.
    When I read some of the complaints I bet that sort of thing possibly could be omitted from the reporting.
    Many times I think game wardens are federally deputized to cross state lines depending on what the investigation entails or for whom an action may be warranted.
    Just like they are in Md when they work cases with USGF so things like state declarations could easily be overlooked.
    Often Dnrec has conducted investigations into Maryland so It could be easy to not be completely aware of local stipulations and overlook them intentionally or by accident.
    Bottom line for me is observe the regs and not worry about it because I’m not sure I’m going to be able to call on a LA lawyer or some other constitutionalist when I need someone like the DNR to become involved in a land problem here at home.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    While many assume that the U.S. Constitution protects property from “unreasonable searches and seizures,” a Supreme Court decision from a century back says private land is not included.
    A ridiculous ruling. If private land isn't included, what on earth would be? I hope it gets overturned.

Twist

Feb 17, 2023
    Annapolis
    Does hearing the report of a firearm constitute probable cause for these agents? It shouldn't and I'm not a LEO but I bet cars and homes have been searched for less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom