• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Thread revival ... about freaking time he made some sort of statement. I only got kicked out of his FB pages because I warned him about this BS. He still doesnt sound like he understands what could happen to someone's AR if they do this stupid crap. "Common theme I am hearing in the AR industry," that you directly caused!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks6uAO6gDbY

I guess I'm confused about what your point here is. The only thing he has ever said/suggested is to mix what are known to be compatible. Mobil 1 grease and Mobil 1 motor oil play fine together. Are you suggesting that it is his responsibility to tell people not to mix random lubes? So maybe we'll tell people not to use salt water to clean their rifles after using corrosive ammunition too.

This thread was dumb in December and dumber now. I find it amusing that you got booted from his groups but continue to stalk him via YouTube.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I guess I'm confused about what your point here is. The only thing he has ever said/suggested is to mix what are known to be compatible. Mobil 1 grease and Mobil 1 motor oil play fine together. Are you suggesting that it is his responsibility to tell people not to mix random lubes? So maybe we'll tell people not to use salt water to clean their rifles after using corrosive ammunition too.

This thread was dumb in December and dumber now. I find it amusing that you got booted from his groups but continue to stalk him via YouTube.

Yep. And I'll listen to the guy who knows more about AR rifles and what works (and what doesn't) after working on thousands of them. His Mobil 1 lube (either the grease and oil separate or mixed together) has never failed me or caused any damage to my weapons. I've seen MANY failures during matches because people either run their guns dry (or almost dry) and don't use enough lube.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Unless someone can point out something specifically wrong with the recipe Chad uses (Mobil 1 oil + Mobil 1 grease) then this thread is over.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Unless someone can point out something specifically wrong with the recipe Chad uses (Mobil 1 oil + Mobil 1 grease) then this thread is over.

It is wrong because it is way too excessive.

A BCG slathered in red grease and dipped in Mobil One is not how you lubricate an AR. :rolleyes:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Are we still allowed to pee on it when it gets red hot? Asking for a friend...

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It is wrong because it is way too excessive.

A BCG slathered in red grease and dipped in Mobil One is not how you lubricate an AR. :rolleyes:

Blah blah blah. And yet it works every time.and doesn’t hurt a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Blah blah blah. And yet it works every time.and doesn’t hurt a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lubricating a BCG with a slathering of red grease and then dipping it in Mobil One, is like using a 5 pound sledge hammer to nail and hang a picture on the wall. Complete and utter nonsense, not to mention overkill.

Honestly, I can see how Jim Jones succeeded with his Koolaid hat trick sometimes.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    How Chad lubes his BCG is not the point. He has always told me that is how he likes to do, submerge his BCG in oil and let it drip "dry". I don't do it that way but I will liberally wipe on the lube and grease it where needs grease.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thread revival ... about freaking time he made some sort of statement. I only got kicked out of his FB pages because I warned him about this BS. He still doesnt sound like he understands what could happen to someone's AR if they do this stupid crap. "Common theme I am hearing in the AR industry," that you directly caused!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks6uAO6gDbY

Basically MDS's version of Dr Fauchi. Some worship him and enjoy his armorer's classes, some question a former part time gunsmith building a career out of "unconventional" practices.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I think everyone of us uses their favorite lubes have their unique methods. I lube my guns fairly wet. The excess runs off in the safe. And gets blown in the first few shots.

Back at FT Bliss in the summer, when it was hot as hell, we used to pour 30wt oil out of the quart can, directly onto the bolt, slap the feed cover shut and then work the charging handle a few times. An M2 is quite the different animal though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom