• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Are there any standalone camera stores, or other stores with a decent camera section, left in DE that is worth a small diversion from whats going to be a every other week drive to/from the Rehobeth area for a while? I go up to Christiana frequently, so anywhere in DE is ok.

Preferably one that sells Canon lenses/bodies/accessories. Icing on the cake if they also carry Sigma lenses.

Looking to buy a new (Canon) DSLR camera body and possibly a couple of new lenses and would like to shop more or less local and not give my money to Amazon/etc. No sales tax is nice.

Tried District Camera in Burke VA (they also have a DC and Crystal City location) but they were a BIT more than I was willing to pay more than "online" (just under $1300 for a lens that is $900 on amazon and other online vendors.)
    I am ok with 10 to maybe 20ish % more local, but not almost 45% more.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I know you want local but if you decide to go the amazon route, you can have it shipped to the place you are staying at. Also I believe there are some places you can ship an amazon package to and then pick it up. Both of these will save u the sales tax.

Also this may be a resource.

https://www.coastalcameraclub.com/

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I "lucked" into the exact one I was looking for at the AAFES on Dover while I was in the area. Normally their cameras and such are 2 to 3 models out of date, at least at Andrews and Meade.

Still plan to visit Service Photo sometime when I am in Baltimore for work and the timing works out.

I am trying to ween myself from using Amazon for everything, I used to do 90% of all my non-grocery shopping there, I am down to maybe 40% now.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    WOW, between the internet, changing from film to digital and everyone using their phone camera, I haven't seen a B&M camera store in a while. I used to go to Bethesda to Freddy's camera on Cordell Ave to get my Leica worked on. He's long gone, so is my camera. :sad20:

PaFrank

Apr 2, 2020
    None left in DE that I'm aware of but if you know what you want this place is tough to beat for price and service. I've bought a half dozen Zeiss scopes from them over the years, great prices and i usually had what i ordered in less than 3 days. https://cameralandny.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom