• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Dang! I was too late. Any more AS-007s available?

Kmic14

Slimy Member
    Apr 17, 2020
    Baltimore City
    Today's show was my first gun show experience and I enjoyed it. I mostly went just to see what I could see, expecting ammo to be too rich for my blood(it was) and for there to be plenty of things that caught my eye(there were). I'm still on my md-imposed 30 day pistol purchase cooldown and didn't expect to want to take much else home so I settled for some nice knives and an ashtray souvenir for my girlfriend, who was stuck home ill in bed.

I was surprised to see the building packed with vendors as I've heard md gun shows have lost momentum as far as being an attraction. I'm looking forward to York next month.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Today's show was my first gun show experience and I enjoyed it. I mostly went just to see what I could see, expecting ammo to be too rich for my blood(it was) and for there to be plenty of things that caught my eye(there were). I'm still on my md-imposed 30 day pistol purchase cooldown and didn't expect to want to take much else home so I settled for some nice knives and an ashtray souvenir for my girlfriend, who was stuck home ill in bed.

I was surprised to see the building packed with vendors as I've heard md gun shows have lost momentum as far as being an attraction. I'm looking forward to York next month.

Get your collectors license and the 30 day goes away.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    If anyone is looking for ammo, we have at the show 5.56 brass cased for $14/box and >40s&w HST hollow points 50rd box $30.00
    Still plenty of inexpensive pump shotguns available.......Show is open from 9am to 3pm today

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I printed up a 100 of them yesterday and will be selling them on Sunday, no questions asked, in the parking lot behind the concession stand.
    Don't tell anybody.

Are you able to print the gen2 flash hiders which are, for all intents and purposes, non-NFA suppressors?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Scored a couple of AS-007s today. There's a guy selling them out of the trunk of his car. Reasonable prices (given current climate). If you buy two or more, he'll throw in drop-in triggers with the...uh, enhanced sear design.

Tungsten-core ammo prices are still out of this world.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    The gun show was half decent. The prices were like shopping on the Vegas Strip. There was quite a bit of inventory available.

Reloading supplies were pretty cheap. $10 for 100 Sierra bullets for example. OK, that price was for 25 ACP bullets, but the guy had about 5 random Hornady, Sierra and another brand. Other reloading stuff was available, but I'm sure the prices were in line with today's gun show market pricing model.

The guy outside making knives is always a favorite of mine. His custom knives are pretty cool. Refreshing after seeing all of the cheap Chinese crap inside on a few tables.

I didn't pickup anything, but I'm glad I went.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I stopped by for about half an hour. Mainly just to donate the $8 to keep gun shows in MD. Picked up some .357 mag ammo to replenish what I shot yesterday. Dollar a round.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I have an observation and a question. Gun shows in MD seem to be of a lower grade then PA and VA shows. I know MD legislature has had it issues with gun shows in general, which lowered the quality, but my question is this:

I'm not the kind of guy who has money to buy a gun on a whim. Usually I research it, dream about it, obsess about it, then purchase it. Walking the tables at the show, it seemed that all the hand guns and long guns were list price or higher. Shotguns had the best deals. Why don't the vendors have lower prices to entice more sales and interest in future gun shows in MD? Make someone see a sale they can't pass up.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    [Kev308];6320599 said:
    I have an observation and a question. Gun shows in MD seem to be of a lower grade then PA and VA shows.

First, for the past couple of years, the MD shows have been getting smaller, as in fewer vendors and the ones who did show up had a smaller selection of products. They would advertise 500 tables, but more and more were 'filler' products or just empty. This didn't start with Covid, it was only worsened by it. This show appeared to reverse that trend. Hopefully it isn't a one time event.

Second, part of the appeal of PA and VA shows is the ability to buy normal capacity mags. Short of reversing that law there's nothing anyone can do to fix that.

Finally, many of the PA/VA shows are just bigger. HoCo was 500 tables, York is typically 1000, Chantilly pre-covid was 1500. A bigger customer base and venue is always going to draw more vendors. Smaller crowds will do the opposite, which results in less selection which results in smaller crowds, etc. Death spiral.

If you waved a wand and eliminated #2, I don't think you could say this show was a 'lower grade' than a PA/VA show.

[Kev308];6320599 said:
    I'm not the kind of guy who has money to buy a gun on a whim. Usually I research it, dream about it, obsess about it, then purchase it. Walking the tables at the show, it seemed that all the hand guns and long guns were list price or higher. Shotguns had the best deals. Why don't the vendors have lower prices to entice more sales and interest in future gun shows in MD? Make someone see a sale they can't pass up.

I saw a lot of people buying. If you're moving inventory, why would you lower your price? Sure, most dealers love what they do and want to be 'ambassadors' for the sport, but they are also a business. They are paying more for the stock they have now than they used to. Going to a show also costs them time and money. If they make less money at a show, they are less likely to go, which means less selection, which means fewer buyers for the remaining vendors, which means more vendors will opt out... again, death spiral.

I did see prices that were lower than previous shows in recent months, at Frederick, Morgantown and Gettysburg... so at least the trend is downward. Hopefully soon the dealers will be able to get ammo and firearms at wholesale prices like before, and we'll see sale prices at the counter again.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I dunno, guess we were doing something wrong by having show specials on some shotguns and rifles and the lowest price in the show for 5.56 and 40S&W...:innocent0

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Nutz. I should pay more attention.

I missed it. I will just have to go with I don't have any spare money right now anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom