• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMU

Jul 8, 2020
    Anyone know of a gunsmith that can tune this pistol to cycle properly ? I have had it for years and really like it but the frequent jams make it no fun. It is an early production . I believe the serial # may be down in the 5’s. I know that other owners say it is ammo picky but I have yet to find any that works consistently.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Anyone know of a gunsmith that can tune this pistol to cycle properly ? I have had it for years and really like it but the frequent jams make it no fun. It is an early production . I believe the serial # may be down in the 5’s. I know that other owners say it is ammo picky but I have yet to find any that works consistently.

What are your issues? I would get a lot of failures to eject. I added a talon claw extractor from VQ and that solved the issues. Also take it apart give it a good cleaning and lube. Go for heavier bullets so you have less unburnt powder.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I have the 4 inch barrel automag. It is picky and works best with heavy bullets but still goes bang, click, bang , click every once in a while. It ejects just fine, I have to cock the hammer after the first round fires...the hammer doesn't seem to get the job done on the first strike.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    It seems to mostly be stove pipe jams. Would that be an ejector ?

Most likely. Based on the age I'd replace the hammer spring, the firing pin, extractor and spring, polish/lube the rails were there is friction. The stove pipe could also be under powered ammo or stiff recoil spring. Try decreasing the recoil spring by a coil or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom