• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I need to find a replacement for a broken plastic 3 mm diameter dowel pin, 25 mm long. It's not an "official" Glock application, but I believe some Glocks use such a pin. So I start trying to find Glock 3 mm pins, leading me to a plethora of choices. I can see pictures of a black cylindrical object, with the description saying that it fits this model but not that model, this gen but not that gen, and even one for "all other models" but NOT A SINGLE F@CKING ONE OF THEM TELLS ME HOW LONG IT IS! The fancy stainless or titanium pin kits show pictures of pins of varying lengths, but again no information of the actual length of any pin. Why is it so hard for a "technical description" to include length?

Rant over.

Could someone point me towards a source that includes the actual length of the pin?

adTHANKSvance

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I guess I am lost. I’ve built several glocks and I have no clue what part you could be talking about that is plastic, and roughly 3mm in diameter and maybe around 25mm long. Can you post a link to a picture of said part or where it is supposedly sometimes located on a Glock.

The striker liner or striker cup are the closest things I can think of, but wouldn’t call either of them a dowel and neither are 3mm in diameter.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    lazarus, it's on a PF45 (Glock 21) but the instructions say the pins supplied in the parts kit are not the same as a standard G21. It's shown as #34 in this picture, and the plastic pin supplied broke in half allowing the rear rail and ejector to shift around. That took me a while to figure out, and even more of a trick to get out without damaging things.

wilcam, that's perfect! I'll get an order off tomorrow, to include a couple extras.

All the pictures I could find of parts online look exactly like the link posted, but none of those others said what the length was.

Attachments

• glock-blue.png
      glock-blue.png
      22 KB · Views: 366

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Every one of my builds has had a broken plastic pin after a little use. I found some metal pins that worked well as replacements. I am not sure if they were in the 80% frame kit, or the Glock lower parts kit. Either way, no failures since replacing them.

HiStandards

Aug 1, 2017
    Anne Arundel Co
    McMaster-Carr is great but shipping cost can be high. Check your local Fastenal dealer for small quantities. I got 100 roll pins from Fastenal for less than one from Brownells.

Buy your pin too long. Easy to shorten to length.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    If it's the plastic one you can cut it down. If it's a little short it'll still hold the thingy in the back in part #34. I made my own with a coat hanger, a blowtorch, chewing gum, and a paper clip. MacGyver is my uncle.

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    The lp kits (or 80%kit) that I've seen had the plastic rod as well as a metal one I figured the plastic one was to help line up the holes for the rear. The metal one was always installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom