• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Christine21

Jun 4, 2021
    Does anyone know of any gun builders in Southern Maryland. I bought a gun kit and someone was supposed to put it together for me and keeps putting it off. If anyone knows of anyone, please let me know. Its Glock 19 handgun kit. I would do it myself but I don't have the tools.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    ATFpeek.jpg

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    OP , there has been a long time tradition of folks (anti's) coming into the forum asking questions about breaking the law in order to make a case that this and other gun forums are shady and corrupt . All the members here are upstanding law abiding citizens that love their freedoms .
    We are not looking for trouble , I/We do not condone breaking any of Maryland laws on the books . We will however try to chisel away at those unlawful acts that our local government has placed on us . That is my opinion on the matter .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Well, Thank you for that advice. I didn't know you couldn't have someone else build it.

To be specific, you can’t have help finishing the receiver. You CAN have someone build the gun once you finish the receiver.

This is presuming we a dealing with an Polymer80 kit.

Christine21

Jun 4, 2021
    I am a LEGAL gun owner that had a QUESTION about a kit I bought. I do not know all the laws and certainly didn't know that you couldn't have help building a gun. That is all.

Christine21

Jun 4, 2021
    Thank you @teratos for letting me know the low down on this. It looks like I will have to build this on my own. Again, Thank you for the guidance. Helpful :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thank you @teratos for letting me know the low down on this. It looks like I will have to build this on my own. Again, Thank you for the guidance. Helpful :)

Happy to help. Stick around, this is a great community. As a general rule we are skeptical of new folks because the antis are always looking to point the finger at illegal activities.

Christine21

Jun 4, 2021
    TOTALLY understand being skeptical. I am not "one of those". I really didn't know I was saying anything illegal so hopefully I wont get kicked out for asking this. Again, Thanks for being helpful.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Christine21 , i welcome you here at MDS and hope you decide to stay and post more and often . I have been here since 2013 and have met many folks from the forum , i have learned much here and made friends .

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Yep a couple of years ago my son who was 23 at the time wanted to build an 80 lower AR. I had already built one AR15 and one LR308 buy that time. So just to make it perfectly clear it was his rifle . I took pictures of him milling out the lower. I wanted there to be no confusion about who converted the 80 lower into a fire arm.

The gun is stored in my safe for now. When he gets his first house, which he will fairly soon . I will give him one of my smaller safes that AR15 and a 270 win he grew up with. I think he was 11 or 12 when I first took him shooting.

The point is that by law “you “ not your neighbor, not your brother in law, not your dad are entitled to make your own fire arm. Which is then tied to you and only to you. When I give him the gun I am giving him the pics of him machining the lower. That makes it your fire arm.

Christine21

Jun 4, 2021
    I plan on staying for sure. A family member of mine decided to buy kits to build himself, and I ended up getting one and its been sitting in a closet ever since. I will find a video to walk me through how to build it. Pretty exciting but I have NEVER built anything like this before. I searched the internet and found this site. Even though my question was not a good one, Im excited to be here and even learn more. I have read posts and have already learned a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom