• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Went to Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas today. Was surprised at the quality and "bling" of the place. You first register and pay $10.00 to watch a video to get your basic safety procedure brief. Then off to the counter to pay for a lane. $25.00 for the first hours (25 Yard handgun) and $10.00 for person additional. Facilities were top notch. Lanes seem a bit wider than typical lanes. Lanes were also separated by glass and deep. Such that if someone were to really screw up, you would be protected. What shocked me the most was the attitude of the staff. Unbelievably nice and customer centered. I would recommend it, but it's a hike from Southern Maryland. It makes MSAR look bad. I have no idea how they keep the place so clean.

http://www.eliteshootingsports.com/

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Went to Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas today. Was surprised at the quality and "bling" of the place. You first register and pay $10.00 to watch a video to get your basic safety procedure brief. Then off to the counter to pay for a lane. $25.00 for the first hours (25 Yard handgun) and $10.00 for person additional. Facilities were top notch. Lanes seem a bit wider than typical lanes. Lanes were also separated by glass and deep. Such that if someone were to really screw up, you would be protected. What shocked me the most was the attitude of the staff. Unbelievably nice and customer centered. I would recommend it, but it's a hike from Southern Maryland. It makes MSAR look bad. I have no idea how they keep the place so clean.

http://www.eliteshootingsports.com/

:thumbsup: I made the trip from Frederick four times last year.

It's extremely nice. I've used their 100 yard range to sight-in several rifles. Being able to watch the target on a TV monitor in your lane is worth the price of admission for me.

The handgun range is great, too - like you said, wider than average, well-ventilated and well-illuminated.

They also have some good buys on ammo every now and then. I once got several boxes of Geco .45 ACP for $16.95. That was several $ off regular retail price.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This place has been on my to visit list after checking out their website last year at some point. Looks like Heritage on roids.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I like this range more than the NRA HQ range. Even with all of the room, it does get crowded during the weekends. But so does every other range in the area.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    This place has been on my to visit list after checking out their website last year at some point. Looks like Heritage on roids.

Exactly! The 100 yard range is worth the trip. I only had to wait for a lane once - about 45 minutes. I gave ESS my phone number and they text'd me when it was available. So, I just went over to the café, grabbed a coffee and chilled-out on a sofa watching The Outdoor Channel. The lobby is comfortable. Flat screen TV's on the walls everywhere. If I would've brought a change of underwear, I may have spent the night? :party29:

HTC has a lot in-common with ESS. They both have that sterile, all-business feel but the staff and the amenities make up for any lack of 'warmth' from the facility itself.

Another thing is the sound-proofing at ESS: it's outstanding. I was sighting-in a Rem 700 in .300 Win Mag right next to a guy shooting .30-06. It probably would've been abusive at any other indoor range but it wasn't bad at all. I don't know what material they used to deaden the resonance, like that, but they must've used a lot of it.

ktmmxracer

Oct 25, 2010
    Thank You

I wanted to say thank you for the comments and feedback. We try hard and while we cannot always be perfect I am glad we have helped provide a nice environment for you all to shoot and enjoy our sport. You work hard for your money and we appreciate that you would choose to spend it and your time with us.

If there is ever anything I can do for anyone or if you have a suggestion I would love to hear them. Please message or call me at (703) 335-2750. When you drop in stop by and introduce yourself. It is always great to meet other MD Shooters.

Respectfully,
    Paul Ellis
    Managing Director
    Elite Shooting Sports

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I wanted to say thank you for the comments and feedback. We try hard and while we cannot always be perfect I am glad we have helped provide a nice environment for you all to shoot and enjoy our sport. You work hard for your money and we appreciate that you would choose to spend it and your time with us.

If there is ever anything I can do for anyone or if you have a suggestion I would love to hear them. Please message or call me at (703) 335-2750. When you drop in stop by and introduce yourself. It is always great to meet other MD Shooters.

Respectfully,
    Paul Ellis
    Managing Director
    Elite Shooting Sports

Thanks, Paul. You manage a first class facility. By far, the nicest indoor range I've ever visited.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Congratulations on first post in 6 years.

Sounds like a nice facility. Also cost 3 times as much as my local facility I partonized (sat).

skunkworks

Sep 27, 2014
    I would also like to add that I've had nothing but positive experiences there. I visited more frequently while I was in Quantico, now being back in MD about once a month. Well worth the drive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom