• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Shadow Hawk is having their first IDPA match on December 2, and they are including PCC. With the slightly different rules compared to USPSA, has anyone got advice for someone shooting their first IDPA match?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If you're shooting PCC in IDPA, I'm not sure. Just like any competition, let them know you haven't shot an IDPA match and they'll give you instructions and point you in the right direction.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Other than reading through the rules and watching some videos, there appears to be a more direct "tactical" approach to how you shoot targets, in what sequence, in different spots, etc. I'll just have to go watch a local match first I guess before committing to this.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Other than reading through the rules and watching some videos, there appears to be a more direct "tactical" approach to how you shoot targets, in what sequence, in different spots, etc. I'll just have to go watch a local match first I guess before committing to this.

NOOOOOOOOOO

just go and do it. at each stage, let them know it's your first idpa match and they'll walk you thru everything. basically if you're shooting around a corner (ie, cover) you shoot them as you'd see them, outside in. or if there are a bunch of targets unobscured, you shoot them near to far. trust me, if you go and just watch you'll be disappointed. i haven't met anyone yet that didn't wish they just shot the match.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    NOOOOOOOOOO

just go and do it. at each stage, let them know it's your first idpa match and they'll walk you thru everything. basically if you're shooting around a corner (ie, cover) you shoot them as you'd see them, outside in. or if there are a bunch of targets unobscured, you shoot them near to far. trust me, if you go and just watch you'll be disappointed. i haven't met anyone yet that didn't wish they just shot the match.

This ^^^^ You won't meet nicer people who are willing to help you have a great experience. Go. Shoot. Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom