• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    Just purchased a Generac 8000 to protect my freezer goods that we have been stocking. Where does it end?

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    got a good supply of lypo-Spheric Vitamin C some zicam tabs and magnesium oil along with some Vitamin D-3 & K-2 Liposomal Spray 1,000 IU/100 mcg all things I have been using for a while to help stay healthy. Hard to get at the moment.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    It ends where your credit dies...

Funny thing... over the last 2 months I spent double what I usually would on groceries/dog food/etc, but have more money left over than ever.

Saved a bunch on no eating out, no unnecessary spending, taking lunch to work and eating at desk... etc. Gas prices probably helped a bit too.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    [Kev308];5878862 said:
    I bought 5 chickens when all this started. They`re 8 weeks old now. Just finished the coop today. Next purchase will be a shot shell reloader. I am contemplating purchasing some grow lights, but I haven`t done enough research. I was thinking about growing spinach indoors.

Takes a ton of power for the growth you want. I’ve done greens indoors. They need a lot of light. Which means using probably a 17-25w grow light for a smallish pot. Maybe 2’ diameter. You might get salad for a couple 3-4 times over a winter indoor growing season. At a cost of around $8-12 for that electricity if you run the grow light on a timer 18hrs a day (should not be run 24/7 as the plants need a bit of night time).

Grow it outside.

I run grow lights to grow seedlings so I’ve got more mature plants to go in the ground once it is warm enough as well a nurture my lemon/lime tree over the summer. It gets 1-2hrs of direct sun from my basement window and about 8hrs from a grow light. Does pretty well.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Who else has just been ordering a pile of mixed snack, jerky and nuts to get over Walmart or Amazon's maximums every week. Frito lay must still be running.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Two big tubs of instant coffee

Attachments

• 97DDD56A-E4AD-4289-852C-729E47B66F9C.jpg
      97DDD56A-E4AD-4289-852C-729E47B66F9C.jpg
      51.5 KB · Views: 375

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I got that big backpack from LA Police Gear. $150 backpack for $50. I should have gotten three of them. BTW, they're having a big sale on bags of all kinds.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Just bought a generator. We got a hurricane coming up the coast and a freezer full of meat. Generator will arrive in 2 weeks. :facepalm:

I don`t consider myself a prepper, I`m a "one step behind-er."

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wife is mad at me as I ended up getting a little tipsy one night and ordered 8 mega vending boxes of all of my favorite chips from Walmart. Pile was so big you had to move them to get out of the house.

Combos, Zapps and more.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I picked up a hundred and twenty pounds of beef, pork and chicken and ordered a quarter of a beef

Gonna replace about 15-20 laying hens soon and butcher the ones I am replacing and freeze them

Hope to can 400-500 quarts of vegetables this summer and early fall also

We usually have 4-6 months worth of food here plus the birds and the eggs they lay but I am shooting for a full years worth

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    One thing we’ve learned from Covid that one year is the minimum amount of food stores needed. The grocery stores can be a zoo for a few months with sick people, low stock, etc. and it’s best to avoid them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom