Cresap Rifle Club New Fee Schedule and Sessions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    Haven't gone out there for a while.
    Just checked their website.
    Fee increases to $12 per person. That is no problem.

The confusing part is:

"Time will be limited to 1 hour sessions". What does this mean? Pay $12 for only 1 hour range time?

Anyone been there recently?

Please help. Thanks!

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Clearly state in their website, an hour it is now. Wow, last time I was there it was $8 range fee, $1 per target and you can shoot till 3pm. For some to travel that far for an hour range time is not that good.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I havent been there in a long time. Do they do target changes every 30 minutes or 60 minutes? I wonder how 30 minute target changes play into your hour of range time and 60 minute target changes would suck.

machman1967

Aug 30, 2009
    Frederick
    It does say temporary and due to COVID. Maybe they’re only seating every other bench for now? I haven’t been there in a couple years.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    They are charging as you enter now. Used to be when you left. The 12 dollars is the 8 dollar range fee plus 4 dollars for the 4 targets.
    They are only shooting at every other station. At the end of your first hour they clear the range to allow the people waiting outside to get in.
    They will stamp your hand on your way out and you can then get in line again in the front. When you get back in you only pay for your targets.
    If it’s not crowded they don’t clear the range after every session.

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    Sage954 nailed it.

It always gets busy this time of year with people sighting in and test firing hunting weapons. There's a line every Sunday now and the 50% rifle bench capacity sure doesn't help. Never seen a line for handgun lanes.

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    I went there this morning. Exactly as what you said.

Couldn't get a rifle lane in the first hour but given a yellow color ticket, which ensured me to have rifle lane at 11:00am after the first cease fire.

They are charging as you enter now. Used to be when you left. The 12 dollars is the 8 dollar range fee plus 4 dollars for the 4 targets.
    They are only shooting at every other station. At the end of your first hour they clear the range to allow the people waiting outside to get in.
    They will stamp your hand on your way out and you can then get in line again in the front. When you get back in you only pay for your targets.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    We may have crossed paths. I was there from 12-2 today. I really prefer shooting outdoors.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    The line was long enough at 9:35AM yesterday that all ten available rifle benches were already spoken for in the first go-round. Mind you, it didn't help that there was someone "joining" (cutting line) with a group that was up at the front of the line. Pistol lanes were all available and I was the only person there with a ML.

They're opening up about 15 minutes early these days. That gives them time to hand out numbers, get everyone paid, and all set-up prior to the commencement of firing. So if you get there ~9:30AM on Sunday, you can usually get in on a rifle bench in the first round.

For OP:

Cease-fire is now on the 45s to give time to put up new targets, police brass, and get folks paid up before going to their benches. Range goes hot at the top of the hour.

If you want to shoot without having to wait and you get there at the beginning of the day, bring both a hand-gun and a rifle. That way if the rifle benches are full, you can go over to the handgun side, get your hand-stamp, and get back in line to get into the rifle side of things early in the next round.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

Great info, thanks :thumbsup:

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    This thread has pretty much nailed it but wanted to put out that Cresap will be open 2 extra days in November for anyone who needs to zero/shoot for hunting season. Cresap will be open Saturday November 7 and Saturday November 21 from 10-3 for rifles only, no pistol lanes will be open on these Saturdays. If anyone needs to zero/practice/pew-pew rifle only before hunting season, they can go out on either of these two Saturdays. It will work just like Sundays but for rifle only.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    This thread has pretty much nailed it but wanted to put out that Cresap will be open 2 extra days in November for anyone who needs to zero/shoot for hunting season. Cresap will be open Saturday November 7 and Saturday November 21 from 10-3 for rifles only, no pistol lanes will be open on these Saturdays. If anyone needs to zero/practice/pew-pew rifle only before hunting season, they can go out on either of these two Saturdays. It will work just like Sundays but for rifle only.

Will they be letting muzzleloaders shoot as well? I'm zeroed on my inline, but am finishing up a percussion build that will need the sights drifted.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Well.. I'm happy that I joined the Thurmont Club. I guess it's that or Machine gun nest.

I understand they have a 300 yard range. How easily accessible is that range? By that I mean is it possible to just go and shoot on it any time, only at designated times, only for matches, etc? I know you have to be a member and that would not be a problem, just wondering how it works for that one range since that would be my main interest.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I understand they have a 300 yard range. How easily accessible is that range? By that I mean is it possible to just go and shoot on it any time, only at designated times, only for matches, etc? I know you have to be a member and that would not be a problem, just wondering how it works for that one range since that would be my main interest.

I belonged to Thurmont for several years. 300 yard range was on the same firing line as the 50, 100 and 200 yard lines. Most times when I was on the property I was the only one there though weekends could get busy. Matches are published so you know when the rifle range would be in use.

You have a paved/gravel drive right up to the covered firing line and while I never drove down range to pull or place targets - some folks did - would recommend an awd/4wd vehicle to do so - not because terrain is rough but for better traction if the ground is wet.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I belonged to Thurmont for several years. 300 yard range was on the same firing line as the 50, 100 and 200 yard lines. Most times when I was on the property I was the only one there though weekends could get busy. Matches are published so you know when the rifle range would be in use.

You have a paved/gravel drive right up to the covered firing line and while I never drove down range to pull or place targets - some folks did - would recommend an awd/4wd vehicle to do so - not because terrain is rough but for better traction if the ground is wet.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom