• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I can't blame you. The 10mm is an awesome round and fun to shoot. I have two Colt Deltas and they're outstanding examples of the breed...completely reliable and extremely accurate. If you're a 1911 guy you should love that one.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Seems like they are a little late to the 10mm party, but its good to see that the market is market is deemed large enough for them to offer one. I heart all my 10mms.

I am not sure why this would be better than the other 10mm 1911s offered, it not really cheaper either. But, I wish it success because maybe 10mm ammo prices will drop. There is no real reason light target 10mm should be more expensive than .40S&W.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    The good thing is the backing of a huge manufacturer. A 10mm 1911 at will probably be under $1k. What's not to love? Maybe we'll see more 10mm on Wal-Mart shelves than .40SW.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    There is no real reason light target 10mm should be more expensive than .40S&W.

Except that 10mm represents a miniscule market share compared to .40 S&W, that's the main reason I can think of.

The ammo makers are going make their profit one way or another, whether it's thru higher volume of sales, or higher prices.

I love the 10mm too, though all of my guns are Glock's, and I shoot handloads almost exclusively.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    It seems to me that the 10mm market is rising as the .40 S&W is shrinking...more and more law enforcement agencies are going away from it and sales of .40 S&W ammo is declining as well. One would think there would be an influx of .40 calibers pistols on the market from police trade-ins but I haven't seen it. Maybe the pistols are being destroyed due to political interests of not wanting them on the market.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I recall tbe 10mm Delta Elites having rail cracking issues, was this with maxed out loads? The Glocks and Smith & Wessons did not have this issue. If it has been addressed, then good to go.

Q

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I recall tbe 10mm Delta Elites having rail cracking issues, was this with maxed out loads? The Glocks and Smith & Wessons did not have this issue. If it has been addressed, then good to go.

Q

The very early Deltas in the 1980's had a problem with frame cracking at the opening where the slide release fits in. Colt fixed that immediately by relieving the opening and there hasn't been a problem since. It's a non-issue unless you have one of those very early Deltas.

The 10mm round is a pretty intense round regardless of what gun it's in.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    No rail cracking on the new ones. As stated above, early examples had frame issues. My railed Delta Elite has several hundred rounds of Underwood without issue. Now looking for a second non railed Delta Elite. Only 400 of these made and my LGS has one.

Attachments

• IMG_2470.JPG
      IMG_2470.JPG
      6.7 KB · Views: 293

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    No rail cracking on the new ones. As stated above, early examples had frame issues. My railed Delta Elite has several hundred rounds of Underwood without issue. Now looking for a second non railed Delta Elite. Only 400 of these made and my LGS has one.

I have one of those Deltas in black IonBond and stainless. I got mine through Bud's Guns Shop online. They may still have some.

Deltas are awesome...the only 1911 that might sway me away from my Combat Elite .45.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Something as simple as that undercut makes a big difference in controllability. It's one of those advertising gimmicks that actually works. Too bad JM Browning didn't design it in...all 1911's built since could have had it.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Speaking of the Delta Elite. We have an amazing custom built one for sale in our IP section.

Custom Colt Delta Elite

Attachments

• custom delta.jpg
      custom delta.jpg
      104 KB · Views: 158
    • custom delta 2.jpg
      custom delta 2.jpg
      97.8 KB · Views: 154

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads