• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I am currently trying my best to use up 8 lbs of Titegroup in most of my calibers, 9mm included and its a good powder.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Any thoughts on Blue Dot? I mostly load 124s and up.

What about in .40 S&W?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Loaded some blue dot for high pressure nine. Mainly for subguns. In pistol length bbls it was a crowd pleaser and pretty loud. In eight to twelve inch subgun bbls it got measurable gains and had less blast. In sixteen inch pcc bbl it was very civilized. Don't have the data handy but it was in excess of published with 147s and 115s.

In .40 with 180s blue dot is an acceptable option. I've used it in 10mm and loaded some .40 for a buddy I shot pistol with when Obama was elected and he couldn't get ammo. Watch going near max in .40 as his Glock was unhappy with it. Mid-range published data was fine.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Loaded some blue dot for high pressure nine. Mainly for subguns. In pistol length bbls it was a crowd pleaser and pretty loud. In eight to twelve inch subgun bbls it got measurable gains and had less blast. In sixteen inch pcc bbl it was very civilized. Don't have the data handy but it was in excess of published with 147s and 115s.

In .40 with 180s blue dot is an acceptable option. I've used it in 10mm and loaded some .40 for a buddy I shot pistol with when Obama was elected and he couldn't get ammo. Watch going near max in .40 as his Glock was unhappy with it. Mid-range published data was fine.
    Thanks for your thoughts. :thumbsup:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Back in my brief 40 reloadng days I used Blue Dot. Worked well with jacketed bullets. Blue Dot is a good powder as long as you don’t try to drive it too fast. I used to drive 45 ACP comp loads close to Super levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom