• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a portable AC unit on wheels. It's a DeLonghi AN series unit and only a few months old. My daughter uses it in her room and she had it off for a few days while we went out of town. Upon return she turned it on, it ran for a minute or so and shut off with a PF message which the documentation states is a "probe failure" meaning "probe damaged". DeLonghi will only fix it if we ship it on our dime to New Jersey. Any suggestions as to where to take it for repair?

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So I spoke to a guy at the service center; it could be the probe or the board it's connected to. It looks like a replacement for the board is available. I could try that. It's not terribly difficult to take apart.

krieger

Sep 9, 2016
    West Virginia
    Did service tell you whether there a reset button on the control board?
    Be sure to have unit unpluged and check manual to see if it has a capacitor if so it will remain changed and can give you a jolt. Once that is done check the probe look for loose or poor connections damage ect . Also take a close look at the pins and wires in the connectors . They some times are pushed out but make enough contact to function then a slight shift can open them enough to break contact.
    As it is now does the comoressor kick on and run and does the condenser fan turn on and run?

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Their customer service stinks, My unit leaked so they mailed me a new one but I had to cut the cord off and have no AC for 2 weeks. The mailed a new unit and it lasted 2 weeks before it started leaking too. Will definitely be looking at other brands

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Their customer service stinks, My unit leaked so they mailed me a new one but I had to cut the cord off and have no AC for 2 weeks. The mailed a new unit and it lasted 2 weeks before it started leaking too. Will definitely be looking at other brands

Finding a competitor with good customer service? Unlikely in my view. In todays "make it in China and sell it as cheaply as possible" world customer service has declined across the board.

My solution? Buy it from Costco. They take returns longer than most retailers.

It's a DeLonghi AN series unit and only a few months old.

Only a few months old? Back to Costco for a full refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom