• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I am a new MSI member,
    I was NRA for YEARS,, but dropped them after no support in Maryland, and the daily pestering for more money was giving me bad vibes,, and now I know why :(

So who do we turn to for national gun rights??

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Second Amendment Foundation gets my $. They don't have NRA's (former) lobbying strength, but they're strong in court.

NRA pretty much kneecapped themselves with the malfeasance at the top.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I would rather NOT wait for it to become law, then go to court. I would rather stop it in the halls of congress. The NRA was great at this,,, "was" is the key word.

Lapierre ended up being one of the greatest threats to 2A rights in our time.

Second Amendment Foundation gets my $. They don't have NRA's (former) lobbying strength, but they're strong in court.

NRA pretty much kneecapped themselves with the malfeasance at the top.

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    This is a great post. I'm a lifetime member of the NRA but I've definitely been disappointed in them recently.

I too am open to any suggestions for national 2A organizations deserving of support.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I am a new MSI member,
    I was NRA for YEARS,, but dropped them after no support in Maryland, and the daily pestering for more money was giving me bad vibes,, and now I know why :(

So who do we turn to for national gun rights??

I will disagree somewhat with the highlighted statement. The NRA, through its Institute for Legislative Action, has always been lobbying in the Maryland General Asylum. Plus the NRA along with their local affiliate the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association have provided a lot of financial support for a number of lawsuits such as Wollard and recently Malpasso all the way to SCOTUS, only to have the Supremes fail to grant cert but still they keep trying.

I do agree that the NRA has its own internal problems at the moment, most of which are named Wayne. My NRA membership is paid up for another couple of years so I'm going to reserve judgement for a while to give them a chance to "heal from within" and I do currently belong to and support SAF and GOA.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    I will disagree somewhat with the highlighted statement. The NRA, through its Institute for Legislative Action, has always been lobbying in the Maryland General Asylum. Plus the NRA along with their local affiliate the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association have provided a lot of financial support for a number of lawsuits such as Wollard and recently Malpasso all the way to SCOTUS, only to have the Supremes fail to grant cert but still they keep trying.

I do agree that the NRA has its own internal problems at the moment, most of which are named Wayne. My NRA membership is paid up for another couple of years so I'm going to reserve judgement for a while to give them a chance to "heal from within" and I do currently belong to and support SAF and GOA.

+1
    NRA has always had a presence in Annapolis in the past 25 years I've been going there.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Don't forget to have Amazon send money to any 501*c org of your choice through their amazonsmiles website. My donations go to SAF.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Another nod to SAF and GOA.

I also like Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, totally non PC. I think the merged with one of the 2 above a few years ago.

I have given a lot of $$ to the NRA over the years. Sad what LaPierre and the others did to a great organization.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Another nod to SAF and GOA.

I also like Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, totally non PC. I think the merged with one of the 2 above a few years ago.

I have given a lot of $$ to the NRA over the years. Sad what LaPierre and the others did to a great organization.

I'm with you all the way on all the above. Quite fond of JPFO myseilf.

Also MSI, of course.

I'm an NRA Endowment Life Member, but they get no more money from me until they clean house.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Saw an article in The Washington Post recently where they, I'd say gleefully, described the financial malfeasence allegations starting at the top with Wayne. They also happily highlighted the fact that less money had been given to the Trump campaign. As close as the election was, kneecapping the NRA with lawsuits from New York and the NRA's own mismanagement certainly did not allow the NRA to help Trump the way they did in 2016. I am sure there are many reasons why Trump lost, but the NRA did not come through in 2020 the way they did in 2016 and we paid a price for it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    All depends on how you judge 2A Orgs . How well they play their ideological purity to their base ? Or how much they accomplish in the larger world ?

SAF kicks butt in litigation .

For lobbying , the GOA's recognition factor among mainstream politicians is slightly above zero . Not a slam per se , as that is more than the other non- NRA national orgs .

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Sad about the NRA,,
    I was a member for years and years. But dropped them a few back when I could see the top heavy "self enrichment" .

The NRA should have Immediately cleaned house this last summer and set up a transparent operation.
    Their actions and reactions to the corruption closely mimics entrenched politicians. Power/money corrupts, absolute power and money absolutely corrupts

All depends on how you judge 2A Orgs . How well they play their ideological purity to their base ? Or how much they accomplish in the larger world ?

SAF kicks butt in litigation .

For lobbying , the GOA's recognition factor among mainstream politicians is slightly above zero . Not a slam per se , as that is more than the other non- NRA national orgs .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom