• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Just got off the phone with York Co sheriff dept. For a non-resident CCW you need a permit from your DOMICIAL state. Florida permit just will not cut it unless you are a Fl resident. No way MD resident can CCW short of a PA address and drivers liscence but affter that you'd be a PA resident!

To transport it a handgun needs to be in plain sight (in your bag on the front seat) and ammo totally separate like the trunk. No permit to transport if its to/from a range or the like.

Damn liberal md dems

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Just got off the phone with York Co sheriff dept. For a non-resident CCW you need a permit from your DOMICIAL state. Florida permit just will not cut it unless you are a Fl resident. No way MD resident can CCW short of a PA address and drivers liscence but affter that you'd be a PA resident!

To transport it a handgun needs to be in plain sight (in your bag on the front seat) and ammo totally separate like the trunk. No permit to transport if its to/from a range or the like.

Damn liberal md dems
    http://handgunlaw.us/documents/PA_AG_Letter-50.jpg

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    It looks like the PA Attorney General sees things differently than the police and has issued a clarification

This from the PA Attorney General's Firearm Reciprocity website.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

Carrying Firearms in Pennsylvania - Frequently asked questions (by the Pennsylvania State Police)

Note: It has come to the attention of the Office of Attorney General that there has been confusion over the applicability of Pennsylvania's reciprocal privileges with regard to the residency status of an individual who has been issued a valid license/permit. It is the position of the Office of Attorney General that recognition within Pennsylvania is based on the issuance to an individual of a valid license/permit by the reciprocal contracting state, and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence.

Pretty clear to me that the AG says we can carry with a FL or VA non res permit. Good news since I'm in PA often.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Fantastic News! Now if only we could get WV to come on board MD would be completely surrounded by states where Maryland residents can legally carry concealed weapons, how ironic that we can't protect ourselves in our own state...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Fantastic News! Now if only we could get WV to come on board MD would be completely surrounded by states where Maryland residents can legally carry concealed weapons, how ironic that we can't protect ourselves in our own state...

WVCDL is continuing to work on this, but given that the law against VA non-resident permits was passed just this year, I would think it unlikely that they'll change it any time soon.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Best news I've read today...
    I need to send a letter to the Tom Corbett thanking him for taking a stand on this issue.

I sent him a thank you by email using the "contact us" link at the top right of the page. I thanked him for treating us like adults even though our own state does not. I hope my email finds it's way to him directly.

Another note: I printed out the first page with the Attorney General's opinion and I plan on having that with me at all times that I plan on carrying in PA. It would be a good idea to have that handy if you are stopped by a PA cop.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    WVCDL is continuing to work on this, but given that the law against VA non-resident permits was passed just this year, I would think it unlikely that they'll change it any time soon.

I don't ever go to WV but I just like the idea that every state directly attached to MD would allow us to carry in their own states while F-ing Maryland doesn't even allow us to carry in our own states. It would further isolate California-east and perhaps turn up the pressure on MD to make a move in our direction (though very unlikely). :sad20:

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD

Can we legally carry in DE with a VA or FL non res permit? I've never been able to find out for certain

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    Where can I find the relevant statutes?

I'm in DE quite a bit and I would like to have the information with me if there's ever an issue. You never know if you'll get stopped in some jurisdiction that "sees things differently".

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member

redduck21502

Oct 19, 2007
    Cumberland, MD
    I don't ever go to WV but I just like the idea that every state directly attached to MD would allow us to carry in their own states while F-ing Maryland doesn't even allow us to carry in our own states. It would further isolate California-east and perhaps turn up the pressure on MD to make a move in our direction (though very unlikely). :sad20:

As the crime in Baltimore remains at high levels.

I plan to get my FL permit and then proceed to send letters to the state legilature that all of my extra shopping money will be spent in PA and VA where I am allowed to carry a firearm. I guess the deficit will continue to go up if we spend our bucks in neighboring states.
    More and more I think those of us in the western end of the state will need CCW permits if they keep building prisons and transplanting the families of the criminals out in the country. I know heroin use has been on the rise over the past 5-10 years.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Maybe we need to stage "die-ins" in Annapolis, with banners that say " Our state wants us to be killed by criminals" or something or another. Now that would get some attention, wouldn't it?

This issue is ticking me off so much the anger is becoming obsessive. Why should we feel compelled to move to another state or shop in other states? Why can't our own stupid state get with the program? I go to XDtalk daily and I keep seeing post after post about ccw and "what IWB holster should I get?"

Now, for me personally, since I rarely go more than 40 miles from home, and stick to rural areas for the most part, the issue is really NOT about me( except it would be nice to carry when trapping). I feel safe for the most part. But I really feel for anyone who has to go to crappy areas or pass through them all the time. Heck I worry about my parents when they go to work. Neither of them would carry though if we went shall-issue, just the way they are.

Sounds like the York Co sherrif's dept is clueless about the FL nonres lisc. In fact I am ticked off at the stupid handgun permit required for trapping which I have to go in person to the same sherrif's office to get. Why should I have to have a permit to shoot a raccoon, in a state with the 2A written into their own constitution, and when I pay 83.00 for the nonres furtaker lisc? I hate going into ANY city and the office is in downtown York( and I don't have time during the day to waste up to 90 mins going to and from York as it is). I am ready to not even trap in PA this year due to all the competition and BS among PA trappers, plus the 83.00 I have to pay which I won't make enough from to justify. IF I decided what the heck and trap PA, I have a nice metal pipe to bang over the heads of raccoons, my boycott of stupid gun laws. Trapping just isn't that big for more me anymore, I need only about a dozen nice red foxes anyway. Gas prices are too high and so is the BS.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Maybe we need to stage "die-ins" in Annapolis, with banners that say " Our state wants us to be killed by criminals" or something or another. Now that would get some attention, wouldn't it?

The problem is that the media would report it as:

"Today in Annapolis, 200 people staged a "Die In" to protest the escalating murder rate in Maryland; calling upon the Governor to strengthen Md's gun laws."

That would be the BEST coverage they would give us. :mad54:

The fact that we want MD's CCW law strengthened to "Shall Issue" would be irrelevant.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom