• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I recently started seeing someone in Hanover so I find myself spending more time up there. I like wearing protection and I feel essentially naked without. Do I need to take passport photos or anything with me when I apply?
    Nothing need for buying condoms. Lol

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Nothing need for buying condoms. Lol

I heard there wasn’t a lot of demand for Magnums up there so I might have to bring my own ;)

Last edited:

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I recently started seeing someone in Hanover so I find myself spending more time up there. I like wearing protection and I feel essentially naked without. Do I need to take passport photos or anything with me when I apply?

You can’t go in person. At least not in Adams County. File the paper work. Get your acceptance. Then make the appointment to get the license. Other counties may be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I've heard of fewer problems at the York County Sheriff's office... mine and my son's included. 20 minutes... start to finish... however... that was pre-CV19.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Mailed my non-resident Pa permit application today. Trying Adams County.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Mailed my non-resident Pa permit application today. Trying Adams County.

Took me literally 5 mins to pick mine up yesterday at the Adams County courthouse. That includes going through security and taking the elevator. The woman in the sheriff’s office was on point, took my pic, my check and handed me the permit. Seriously. 5 mins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Thanks. Looking forward to it. I have Va resident and Fla non. Adding Pa.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    Adams County was fast. Sent in my application, five days later I’m approved. I called to schedule the appointment, they had plenty of openings. $20 and 20 minutes, I walked out of the courthouse.

Super easy process. Only interesting thing was that Courthouse security makes you unlock your phone, swipe left and right, and then asks you to turn off the screen. I guess they are checking to make sure you aren’t recording in the courthouse?

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I thought the phone thing was odd also. Process went very smooth.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Adams County was fast. Sent in my application, five days later I’m approved. I called to schedule the appointment, they had plenty of openings. $20 and 20 minutes, I walked out of the courthouse.

Super easy process. Only interesting thing was that Courthouse security makes you unlock your phone, swipe left and right, and then asks you to turn off the screen. I guess they are checking to make sure you aren’t recording in the courthouse?

Same

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ESP

Nov 21, 2012
    Maryland
    I just applied to Adams Co. Easily done online. Paid $25 online. Added pics of Drivers License and unrestricted MD permit. I'll report back as things progress.

ESP

Nov 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Got approved in less than one day. I need to pick it up in person and their appointment book is full for two weeks. Then I am on Vacation, so my pickup will be after the 4th of July. Not their fault, just scheduling conflicts.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I submitted my app to York County so let's see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

If it was anything like mine(I mailed it), you'll get a call in 3 days to come get it. Took me longer to find a parking spot than to pick up the permit.

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    If it was anything like mine(I mailed it), you'll get a call in 3 days to come get it. Took me longer to find a parking spot than to pick up the permit.

Same here. York is pretty efficient. Don't bring your phone in though. They don't allow it and there's no place to store it.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines

I'll take that! I submitted and paid online so maybe I'll get a call sometime during the week.

Same here. York is pretty efficient. Don't bring your phone in though. They don't allow it and there's no place to store it.
    Thanks for the tip because I'm currently using a cane and would've hated to get there only to have to hobble back to my truck.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Everyone who applied in York Co. for a Pa. permit:
    "Gee... Maryland's permit process is NOTHING like this...!!!"
    A chorus of York County Sheriffs:
    "WE KNOW!!! :rolleyes:"

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts