• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    What does PA permit get you? I have MD and UT and I'm trying to figure what I should get next.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Okay, thanks. I know there's a link listing reciprocity, but I couldn't find it. PA sounds so easy, it might just be worth it.
    I applied online Friday afternoon 3:15 and received an approval text message at 2:30 pm today and it's just $25.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Just redundancy, extra paper, and PA GFSZ protection.

PA no longer recognizes Non-Resident permits- you have to have your home state permit and they’ll issue their Non-Resident permit. UT NR isn’t valid, this was discussed in my HGP class as well.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    PA no longer recognizes Non-Resident permits- you have to have your home state permit and they’ll issue their Non-Resident permit. UT NR isn’t valid, this was discussed in my HGP class as well.

As we saw with the election, the state AGs and SoS offices are important as we've seen Dems bend and break laws using those offices to bypass the legislatures.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Drove up to York County Tuesday with my brother. We found a space 2 blocks away and parked. Put 1 hour on the meter and walked to building, went through security scan, into sheriff's office, both got permits and back to car with 31:54 left on the meter. Mind you it was raining and I'm using a cane so I was moving a bit slow.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Drove up to York County Tuesday with my brother. We found a space 2 blocks away and parked. Put 1 hour on the meter and walked to building, went through security scan, into sheriff's office, both got permits and back to car with 31:54 left on the meter. Mind you it was raining and I'm using a cane so I was moving a bit slow.

Wednesday at the satellite office parked right in front. Walked thru security into office spent more time chatting with deputy while my dad used the bathroom than anything else. Even easier than the court house.

Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    Was also at the York satellite office last week. In and out in less than 10 minutes. I know I am getting older but the deputy who processed me looked to be about 12 years old.

FatTony

Aug 2, 2015
    Carroll County
    Picked up my permit from the Adam County Sheriff's office in Gettysburg today. Found an empty meter spot directly in front of the Court House. Was in and out in 10 minutes.:party29:

ESP

Nov 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Got approved in less than one day. I need to pick it up in person and their appointment book is full for two weeks. Then I am on Vacation, so my pickup will be after the 4th of July. Not their fault, just scheduling conflicts.

So I went to my Adams Co appt. It took less than 5 minutes. I walked in, gave them my name, sat down for a picture, watched it get laminated and back out the door. Don't ask me about parking in Gettysburg on a Friday with 1000 Harley Davidsons in town. :-)

You really have to admire their efficiency.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Was approved in York county within a business day online, made an appointment to pickup at the annex location which was easy with plenty of parking. In and out in 15 minutes.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    So, is there currently any way for a MD resident to carry in PA if you don't have a MD permit?

I have Utah which I know hasn't been accepted for years (stupid AG). Are any non-resident permits not accepted by PA?

Trying to figure this out because I'm in PA more than any other state that I actually can carry in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom