• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    That 130 acres in Carroll county wouldnt be available would it?

I work in DC with computer and stuff. Family just closed on our forever house a few months ago, so not going anywhere soon....

The house will be up for rent hopefully by mid January.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'm going to be honest, I'm not that impressed with the whole state in general. The people were nice and friendly, lots of woods and mountains, but it seem like the economy in general is dying no matter where I stop. Small towns, large cities, anywhere I look alot of the stores are out of business or run down.

That's alright, you don't have to buy land there, I'll take it instead. ;)

dlharsh

Feb 13, 2010
    Windsor Mill
    I have 71 acres in Mineral County south of Cumberland. I needed a permit for my shed/hunting cabin and one for my pole building. Basically a sketch with the location. For the pole building I asked if they needed to inspect the holes. The response was if I didn't put them deep enough it would fall down.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I have 71 acres in Mineral County south of Cumberland. I needed a permit for my shed/hunting cabin and one for my pole building. Basically a sketch with the location. For the pole building I asked if they needed to inspect the holes. The response was if I didn't put them deep enough it would fall down.

You near Fort Ashby? I'm descended from the Abernethys (Abernathys) who granted the land for the town of Springfield right across the line in Hampshire county. My grandfather grew up in Elk Garden for a bit before his family moved down to Charleston where I grew up.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    CWD has been around forever I think. Not sure why they are making such an issue out of it the last decade or two. We don't get any tested in Wisconsin and eat them. I wouldn't eat the raw brain of a deer but not at all worried about eating the meat. I'd be more worried about eating a deer covered with tumors which they also say doesn't affect the meat.

dlharsh

Feb 13, 2010
    Windsor Mill
    You near Fort Ashby? I'm descended from the Abernethys (Abernathys) who granted the land for the town of Springfield right across the line in Hampshire county. My grandfather grew up in Elk Garden for a bit before his family moved down to Charleston where I grew up.

I probably should have said SW of Cumberland. It's between Elk Garden, WV and Kitzmiller, MD. I Can see the "Welcome to MD" sign from the property. I stop at the convenient store in Elk Garden often.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I probably should have said SW of Cumberland. It's between Elk Garden, WV and Kitzmiller, MD. I Can see the "Welcome to MD" sign from the property. I stop at the convenient store in Elk Garden often.

Very cool! The Kitzmiller run (Gormania to Kitzmiller) on the N. Branch is some epic whitewater if you ever get the chance to run it. Class III-IV rapids with some fantastic scenery. Obviously not for the faint of heart with that kind of rating, but it's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom