• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'm speculating that some of the members here have some slight hoarding patterns. I'm offing to help you unload some crap. I need 3 or 4 unwanted or not working LCD Computer monitors. 12x18 (22" Diagonal) size screen is ideal but I can work with larger. Specifically they need to be LCD type. Most newer flat screen monitors are LED or OLED. LCD Monitors tend to be thicker usually about 1-2". If you do have an old one and you are not sure, just post or PM me the brand and model number and I'll look it up.

If you are wondering what I'm doing, I'm making some reactive Music Lights. Here is the first test one I made and it works pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/s6c0Ky-cm54

Im in the Ellicott City area and work in Hanover so ideally I'm trying to find stuff in the central MD area which is why I'm posting here.

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    You want to do something with the backlight diffuser flim? That looks like LED rail backlights.
    Some have a rail on one side, some have a rail on both sides.
    Lots of the new monitors are indeed LCD, but have LED backlights. Before LED back lights, they were often CCFL
    We trash LOTS of 15" LED rail LCD panels at work that are returned when they are old and no longer usable for refurbishing.
    The really old ones were converted from CCFL to LED and the LED rails are easily removable.
    We've done 10.4, 12.1" and now 15"
    I may have some 22" or so monitors also in the recycle bin. I'll look this week.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    You want to do something with the backlight diffuser flim? That looks like LED rail backlights.
    Some have a rail on one side, some have a rail on both sides.
    Lots of the new monitors are indeed LCD, but have LED backlights. Before LED back lights, they were often CCFL
    We trash LOTS of 15" LED rail LCD panels at work that are returned when they are old and no longer usable for refurbishing.
    The really old ones were converted from CCFL to LED and the LED rails are easily removable.
    We've done 10.4, 12.1" and now 15"
    I may have some 22" or so monitors also in the recycle bin. I'll look this week.

What I'm interested is the thick acrylic panel, the polarizing filter and the reflective sheet on the back. The monitor I took apart was CFL edge lit. I'll take what you have and whatever is not usable, I'll just take to the recycling center.

mdbassplayer

Feb 1, 2017
    Would Samsung 245BW panels help you? My office is getting ready to move and we have a cube dedicated to dead equipment I can go through - we have been cycling off of those as they die.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Would Samsung 245BW panels help you? My office is getting ready to move and we have a cube dedicated to dead equipment I can go through - we have been cycling off of those as they die.

I looked up the specs. They could be perfect. Let me know if they are available and if you have 4 of them.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not sure if I still have any. I'll check when I get home. Cool project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom