• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    You can read the thread on feedback posting, works for single item posting, if you do not wait too long to do it after its sold/closed, the multi-item sales are still an issue, it does not tag you as the buyer so the system doesn't work that way. There is way to get around it but I found it to much for most people to follow so it's not used.

"How to leave feedback for members" :rolleyes:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=166184

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If someone hasn't left feedback and you assume he'll leave you good feedback, I see no reason not to nudge them.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Id venture to guess that alot of folks dont actually know how to leave feedback for a buyer/seller

pretty confusing on how to so I didn't.

I was trying to figure out how to leave feedback the other day and gave up.

It ain't easy. I have to relearn every time I leave feedback.

I recently had multiple buyers from an ad, but I cannot figure out how to leave feedback unless I close the ad, and then I can't figure out how to give them all feedback individually.

I understand that the feedback system on this site is not easy to use, especially for those who don't use the classifieds often

Especially with multi item ads where there is not a commit to buyer or PM with info. It's a bit clunky.

Well, I hope the above posts answers your question OP. I've only left one feedback after I sold my 1st item here and after much time figuring it out. 2nd item I ever posted, I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. I PMed the buyer asking for help. He didn't know and told me to not worry about it. I haven't tried to leave feedback since, after selling dozens of things and buying a few. In general, I know who's who here, good or bad. And if you hang around and participate, they'll know you. Don't need no stinkin' feedback to trust most here.

I just stickied the link to Norton's guide in this forum as well, if it helps.

Much help. Thanks Zoo!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    It doesn't bother me too much here. On Ebay, feedback is the only way for a stranger to judge your character... on MDS, you have a paper trail of what kind of person you are. It's more important that there are no negatives vs tons of positives... if you burn someone, the will probably go out of their way to leave negative feedback.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Is it too late?
    I bought trailer from Norton in the classifieds several years ago.

I was never able to figure out how to leave feedback.

At the end of the day I figure his reputation was probably pretty safe around these parts.

Btw, Norton. The trailer is still going strong. I replaced the tail lights and got some new bearings last year.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Many more transactions than feedback received both as buyer and seller but I do leave feedback for my counterpart each time. Doesn’t seem like a big deal, if anyone is looking for credibility they can look at our post history. Sometimes that leads to a buyer asking about other items that they want.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’m glad people didn’t leave me feedback. All the transactions I’ve had over the last 3 years I think I’d break the system.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I've never bought or sold in the classifieds here (I have given away several things). In general I only provide feedback if it is useful. The seller goes above and beyond, or they under perform on the basics. When trying to determine if I want to deal with the person , or buy their product, reading through a bunch of fluff comments is unproductive and hides any real problems. Amazon is full of reviews that read "Just got it, shipped fast, have not used it yet... 5 Stars". WTF does that tell me? Nada. I generally only look at bad reviews/comments. I can sift through the whiners and see if the seller/product has any real problems. Positive feed back is useful, but the negative tells the real story. Shipping problems (unless constant), broken in shipping, can be ignored, but constant slow responses, slow to ship, product not as described, etc. are useful information.

Just my .02.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I've never bought or sold in the classifieds here (I have given away several things). In general I only provide feedback if it is useful. The seller goes above and beyond, or they under perform on the basics. When trying to determine if I want to deal with the person , or buy their product, reading through a bunch of fluff comments is unproductive and hides any real problems. Amazon is full of reviews that read "Just got it, shipped fast, have not used it yet... 5 Stars". WTF does that tell me? Nada. I generally only look at bad reviews/comments. I can sift through the whiners and see if the seller/product has any real problems. Positive feed back is useful, but the negative tells the real story. Shipping problems (unless constant), broken in shipping, can be ignored, but constant slow responses, slow to ship, product not as described, etc. are useful information.

Just my .02.

Useful for credibility and projected safety of the transaction though. I comb through post history before I meet a stranger at anywhere other than a LGS or MSP looking for signs that I’m not about to meet up with a possible prohibited or worse individual. 2nd or more transactions which I’ve had a few as a seller I am more comfortable in meeting somewhere less public, I even had one repeat buyer in my house, but I had already vetted that person. I see value in the ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom