• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Looking for something I can leave in my range bag and use for the quick adjustments that are often required. Need something small and versatile. New Avid has some multitools that seem to fit the bill but several of the reviews say the tools are brittle and break easily.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There are more multi tools out there than Carter has liver pills. I look at it like this, one M/T doesn't do everything you want. I have a multi tool in my "AR bag", but I also have a good many other tools in there as well. I have repaired many ARs for people at the range. BTW, I have never used the M/T.

Idaho

Dec 10, 2015
    Towson, MD
    Wyoming Sight Drifter

The above is a specialty tool I find worthwhile since I shoot a lot of lever guns and single shots with a simple blade sight that needs to be drifted for windage. Costs $35 for the original. About size of ball point pen and works on any dovetail sight...Other is a Chapman screw driver set.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I've been doing this a long time. One of any tool won't do it...LOL. I have the "Gun Tool", the Caspian gun tool, each in different bag. I carry a small brass hammer, a few allen wrenches, a bushing wrench plus I always have my Leatherman Wave and the Leatherman Micro with me. A couple more I need to add. Good luck in finding what works for you.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Don't forget small rope to pill about a r700 bolt(if you don't have the correct tool)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom