• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    I'm looking for recommendations (and approximate cost) to rebarrel and install a USGI bolt in a Polytech M14S. I'm pretty sure I have everything to make this thing a shooter but I need a smith who's familiar with this conversion.

Baltimore / Washington area

Thanks
    Dave

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I know almost nothing about polytech m14s...with that being said I believe the reason they are ok to buy in MD. is parts not swapping between poly and usgi or US made m14s. Curious what those who do know think on this.

RWB2012

Dec 20, 2013
    Oakland MD
    I'm looking for recommendations (and approximate cost) to rebarrel and install a USGI bolt in a Polytech M14S. I'm pretty sure I have everything to make this thing a shooter but I need a smith who's familiar with this conversion.

Baltimore / Washington area

Thanks
    Dave

Hi Dave

I know im aways from you but iv worked on those before and can help you out if you dont find some one closer to you

Let me know thanks
    Chad

hchon3

Aug 8, 2017
    Charles maloney was my go to but he doesn't work on m14's anymore. I dont know of anyone local other than fulton armory in savage MD but they are pricey. If you dont mind shipping wolfe firearms in North Carolina would be a good place to check out. Btw Why are you replacing the barrel, is it worn out?

Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    Charles maloney was my go to but he doesn't work on m14's anymore. I dont know of anyone local other than fulton armory in savage MD but they are pricey. If you dont mind shipping wolfe firearms in North Carolina would be a good place to check out. Btw Why are you replacing the barrel, is it worn out?

Thanks, I have a Garand he built using pretty much all new parts, it's still a shooter even after a couple years as my "training" rifle when I started across the course high power.

It actually appears that the Polytech has a pretty low round count but I came into 6 brand new Douglas medium-heavy barrels and a bunch of USGI M14 and less common Garand parts (including everything else to build a NM M1A, like I really need another one...)

Hi Dave

I know im aways from you but iv worked on those before and can help you out if you dont find some one closer to you

Let me know thanks
    Chad

Chad, where are you located?

Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    Yeah it is a drive for sure but its an option for ya and if you find some one closer to you that cool to just trying to help when i can..����

I wasn't trying to be a turd and I'm sorry if it came across that way, I appreciate the help and suggestion.

Dave

lim144

Jan 3, 2014
    Chad. I have a Northco M14 I'm considering. Would you be interested in giving me a rough cost for Douglas, or criterion level replacement? You can PM me to lim144@gmail.com, if you wish.

Feb 28, 2013
    Theres a guy in Bel Air that Gun Connection likes sendin folks to

That guy will never get a nickel from me, but hopefully you'll get better treatment

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom