• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I buy all my handgun ammo at walmart, as their handgun prices can rarely be beat (usually by cabelas' onsale items), but if you want to get it online check these out.

Walmart federal is now 10.49 a box, plus about 12 dollars in tax(for a 1000 rds). So this one works out the same.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/198.php federal american eagle for $221 shipped.

Or Prvi ammo from www.aimsurplus.com is 9.99 a box, but be sure to check shipping to your house. It's like $16 to my house, so it's alittle better than palmetto, at $215 shipped. I've never shot prvi handgun ammo, but their 5.56 is good.

Or if you want it a little cheaper and don't mind aluminum, http://palmettostatearmory.com/546.php blazer is decent ammo for $211 shipped

Also, watch www.cabelas.com. They have 9mm on sale alot. Plus they usually have coupons for free shipping and money off.

Just look around for a few minutes online and you'll save a lot of money. Even saving a dollar a box is $20 dollars when your buying a case. Just be sure to compare your shipping rates. That's usually how Palmetto wins, because its always $12 a case for 9mm. (.45 is more)

EWO

AGC / Monumental Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Ellicott City MD
    I buy all my handgun ammo at walmart, as their handgun prices can rarely be beat (usually by cabelas' onsale items), but if you want to get it online check these out.

Walmart federal is now 10.49 a box, plus about 12 dollars in tax(for a 1000 rds). So this one works out the same.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/198.php federal american eagle for $221 shipped.

Or Prvi ammo from www.aimsurplus.com is 9.99 a box, but be sure to check shipping to your house. It's like $16 to my house, so it's alittle better than palmetto, at $215 shipped. I've never shot prvi handgun ammo, but their 5.56 is good.

Or if you want it a little cheaper and don't mind aluminum, http://palmettostatearmory.com/546.php blazer is decent ammo for $211 shipped

Also, watch www.cabelas.com. They have 9mm on sale alot. Plus they usually have coupons for free shipping and money off.

Just look around for a few minutes online and you'll save a lot of money. Even saving a dollar a box is $20 dollars when your buying a case. Just be sure to compare your shipping rates. That's usually how Palmetto wins, because its always $12 a case for 9mm. (.45 is more)

Thanks for the info. I don't do Walmart, so I'll keep my eye on some of the online sources you quoted. :thumbsup:

M1hungry

May 29, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Check out Brass Man Brass--He does carry and sell ammo not just brass. Has deals from time to time where if the order is worthy he picks up the shipping. Good people from LV.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Target/Range ammo:
    Winchester White Box 40 S&W 165gr FMJ
    Walmart ($28/100 box)

SD ammo:
    Speer Gold Dot 40 S&W 165gr JHP
    SGAmmo.com ($25.95/50 box)

agrin2005

Sep 4, 2010
    Be careful with cheap ammo

Guy
    I bought cheap 40 sw Winchester ammo at Walmart. I shot it in my H & K USP and it snapped the extractor and blew the back of the shell case off. I have most of the case still stuck in the barrel. I called and H & K is going to fix my baby. I was told they have been seeing allot of these failures from winchester ammo that people got from Walmart. Well I learned my lesson no more cheap ammo. Already called Winchester They wanted the Ammo box top and any left over ammo. So just be careful.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Guy
    I bought cheap 40 sw Winchester ammo at Walmart. I shot it in my H & K USP and it snapped the extractor and blew the back of the shell case off. I have most of the case still stuck in the barrel. I called and H & K is going to fix my baby. I was told they have been seeing allot of these failures from winchester ammo that people got from Walmart. Well I learned my lesson no more cheap ammo. Already called Winchester They wanted the Ammo box top and any left over ammo. So just be careful.
    H&K said that there have been a lot of failures when using Winchester white box?
    If you hear back from Winchester, please be sure to start a thread.

agrin2005

Sep 4, 2010
    H&K said that there have been a lot of failures when using Winchester white box?
    If you hear back from Winchester, please be sure to start a thread.

Yes the cheap white box ammo. The high end Winchester is ok. I took my USP to the Gun Connection last week just to get a opinion what they thought and I was told that the shell was underloaded most likely. Dan said I was lucky that I have a well made gun because I could have lost a finger if it was not built like a tank.
    I will keep you all up to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom